Ingredients for Cooking Oatmeal Cutlets
- Oatmeal 1 cup
- Egg 1 pc
- Onion 1 pc
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Water (boiling water) 1 cup
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 (2 pcs per serving)
Bowl, Dining spoon, Grater, Cutting board, Frying pan, Shovel, Small plate, Fork or whisk
Cooking oatmeal patties:
Step 1: Prepare the oatmeal.
Pour boiling water over oatmeal and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. Take care of the onion and egg at this time.
Flakes of different manufacturers behave differently, so be prepared to add a little more boiling water than indicated in the recipe.
Step 2: Prepare the onion.
Peel the onion and grate. Oat cutlets are fried very quickly, if you add chopped onions, then it will not have time to fry. Grated onions are transferred to a plate.
Step 3: Prepare the egg.
Beat the egg. You can make it a fork or a whisk, as you prefer. There is no need for special splendor, it is enough to get a homogeneous mass.
Step 4: Cook the oatmeal patties.
We mix the oatmeal mass, add onion, egg, pepper and salt to taste. Oatmeal does not have its own distinct taste and aroma, so it is an excellent base for any spices and additives.
Preheat the pan, add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and spread the spoonfuls of the patty into the pan. Each time, soak a spoon in water, then the cutlet mass will easily slide off it.
Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown, remove from the pan and put on a plate.
Step 5: Serve the oatmeal patties.
Serve the oatmeal patties hot. The cooled cutlets are not so tasty and juicy.
Enjoy your meal!
- Oatmeal cutlets can be served with sour cream and any sauce, including soy.
- If you cook oatmeal cutlets for small children, it is better to refrain from adding spices.
- You can cook lean cutlets, just do not add an egg, oatmeal and so it will be good to keep in shape.