Homemade Meatball Ingredients
- Pork (fresh pulp) 500 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Breadcrumbs 3 tablespoons
- Onion 100 grams
- Wheat flour 50 grams (for boning) and 1 tablespoon (for sauce)
- Vegetable oil 60 milliliters
- Tomato paste 4 tablespoons
- Purified water 400 milliliters
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Laurel leaf 2 pieces
- Mix of herbs for meat to taste
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Onion, Eggs
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Deep bowl, Bowl, Plate - 2-3 pieces, Meat grinder, Stove, Deep pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Table spoon - 2 pieces
Cooking meatballs at home:
Step 1: prepare the meat.
We take a good piece of fresh pork pulp, rinse it under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a sharp kitchen knife to remove veins, film and small bones from it, which very often remain on the meat after chopping the carcass. Then we cut the pork into large pieces with an approximate size of 3-4 centimeters and pass them into a deep bowl through an electric or stationary meat grinder with a fine mesh.
Step 2: prepare onions and flour.
Next, using a clean knife, peel the onion. We rinse it, dry it, put it on a new cutting board and chop the vegetable in small cubes from 5 to 6 millimeters in size. After that, pour the right amount of sifted wheat flour into a small bowl and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the minced meat.
We send chopped onions, breadcrumbs, chicken egg, salt and ground black pepper to the dishes with ground meat.
With clean hands, mix all the ingredients of the minced meat to a homogeneous consistency, gently taste it and, if necessary, add more spices.
Step 4: forming meatballs.
Now we wet our palms in water, put one half tablespoon of the prepared minced meat and roll a walnut-sized ball out of it.
Then we roll its sides in flour, place on a clean plate or cutting board and in the same way we form the remaining meatballs.
Step 5: fry meatballs.
When the mince is over, you can start frying. We put in a medium large deep deep frying pan and pour vegetable oil into it. A few minutes later we send there the first batch of meatballs and brow them from all sides until golden. At this stage bring meat balls until complete readinessthey should cover thick crust, which will not allow them to boil during the stew. As soon as all the meatballs are fried using a kitchen spatula, put them in a colander or on a paper towel and leave them in this form on 5-6 minutesto stack excess fat.
Step 6: bring the dish to full readiness.
We do not remove the pan from the stove, put in it a tablespoon of sifted wheat flour and quickly fry until golden brown for one to two minutes. Then fill it with water, add tomato paste, laurel leaf, salt, sugar, a mixture of dried herbs and black pepper to taste. Mix everything to a homogeneous consistency and bring to a boil. As soon as the aromatic mixture starts bubbling, we reduce the fire to the smallest level, put meatballs in the sauce, cover them with a lid and simmer for 40 minutes. Then turn off the stove and let the dish brew. 5-7 minutes. After that, we lay out the meat balls on plates at the rate of 7-8 pieces - 1 serving and serve food to the table.
Step 7: serve homemade meatballs.
Homemade meatballs are served hot as a main course. They are served in portions on plates, seasoned with sour cream, cream, or sprinkled with freshly chopped greens of dill, parsley or cilantro. Any side dish is suitable for this dish, starting from salads, fresh vegetables, mashed potatoes and ending with boiled pasta, rice or cereals from your favorite cereals. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- a great alternative to vegetable oil - melted duck or pork fat, and breadcrumbs - 100 grams of boiled rice, it will give meatballs a more delicate flavor;
- you can add garlic cloves squeezed through a press or finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil and green onion into the stuffing;
- very often tomato paste and water are replaced with tomato juice;
- sometimes meatballs are prepared from beef pulp or combined with pork tenderloin or chicken, as well as turkey breast;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any that are suitable for meat dishes: sage, allspice, savory, turmeric, marjoram, coriander, paprika and many others.