Ingredients for Cooking Beans in Tomato
- White or colored beans 300 grams
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Tomato juice 300 milliliters
- Laurel leaf to taste
- Ground black pepper or peas to taste
- Salt to taste
- Purified water 2 liters
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons or to taste
- Main ingredients: Beans, Onions, Carrots
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Tablespoon, Measuring cup, Kitchen scale, Colander, Deep bowl, Deep non-stick pan with lid (3 liter capacity), Stove, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Paper kitchen towels, Grater, Deep plate, Skimmer, Deep non-frying pan with a lid ( capacity 1,5 - 2 liters), Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking Beans in Tomato:
Step 1: prepare the beans.
First of all, we put the beans on the kitchen table and sort it out, removing different rubbish. Then pour it into a colander, rinse thoroughly, send it into a deep bowl and fill it with ordinary running water above the level of beans 10-12 centimeters. Soak the beans on 1-12 hoursuntil it increases in volume at 1.5-2 times. If you are going to insist on it for a long time, then change the fluid every 2.5-3 hours.
Step 2: cook the beans.
After the desired time, after the beans have swollen, we discard them again in a colander and rinse again. Then we shift into a deep non-stick pan, fill it with purified water and put on a strong fire.
After boiling, reduce its level to medium, season the beans to taste with salt and cook it until almost ready under a covered lid. The duration of the process depends on how much you soaked the beans, if for a long time, then through 30-40 minutes they will reach the desired consistency, and if not more 1 hourhave to tinker with this ingredient 1-1.5 hours.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
While the beans are being cooked, peel the carrots and onions with the help of a sharp kitchen knife. We wash them under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels and chop them in turn. We put onions on a chopping board and cut them into 1 centimeter cubes. We chop the carrots on a large or medium grater directly into a deep plate. We also put on the kitchen table a measuring cup with tomato juice and spices.
Step 4: prepare the beans in a tomato.
When the beans are almost ready, use the slotted spoon to transfer it to a colander and leave it in it until use. Next, put on a medium fire a deep non-stick pan and pour vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the chopped onion there and pass it until transparent. 2-3 minutesstirring occasionally with a kitchen spatula.
After that, add carrots to it and cook them together until soft. 3-4 minutes. As soon as the vegetables are slightly browned, put the beans in the pan, fill it with tomato juice and cover with a lid so that a small gap remains.
We simmer our dish on the smallest fire until the beans are ready and the moisture is almost completely evaporated, approximately 20-35 minutes. Then add laurel leaf, black pepper to the pan and prepare a flavorful dish. 2 minutes. Next, turn off the stove, let the beans brew in a tomato 5-7 minutes, lay it out in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the beans in a tomato.
Beans in tomato are served warm as a side dish or main vegetarian main course. If desired, before serving, each serving is sprinkled with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, green onion, basil, or seasoned with cream or homemade sour cream. Also a wonderful addition will be a salad of fresh vegetables and breads. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- in this dish, beans must be salted after boiling so that the beans do not boil and retain their attractive shape;
- the remains of a bean broth can be used for cooking soup, stewing meat, cooking vegetable stew, sauces or any other tasty dishes;
- Very often, tomato juice is replaced with tomato paste, which is diluted in purified water, about 2-3 tablespoons per 200 milliliters of liquid. Fresh tomatoes are also used, but before that they are blanched in boiling water for 30-40 seconds, the skin is removed from the vegetables and their pulp is crushed with a blender to a puree state;
- sometimes at the end of cooking, the beans are seasoned with garlic crushed through a press;
- A great alternative to vegetable oil - creamy, it gives the dish a more delicate, soft flavor.