Ingredients for Making Vegetable Omelet
- Eggplant 1/2 pieces (150 grams)
- Zucchini or zucchini 1/2 pieces (125 grams)
- Bulgarian red pepper (sweet) 1/2 pieces (100 grams)
- Shallots 1 piece
- Garlic 1 clove
- Seedless olives 2 tablespoons or to taste
- 4 eggs
- Pasteurized whole milk (1.5% fat) 3-4 tablespoons
- A mixture of dried herbs for egg dishes 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Eggplant, Onion, Pepper, Zucchini, Garlic, Eggs, Milk
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
A glass, a small bowl - 2-3 pieces, a teaspoon, a tablespoon, a kitchen board - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a stove, a frying pan with a lid, a kitchen spatula, a plate
Preparation of vegetable omelet:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, put all the necessary products on the kitchen table: vegetables, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, salt with black pepper and a mixture of dried herbs. Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the garlic and onions. At the half of zucchini, eggplant and pepper, we remove the stalks, as well as gutting the last ingredient from the seeds.
Then we wash the prepared vegetables under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and chop. We cut eggplant and zucchini into 1 centimeter cubes.
Bell pepper shred straws with a thickness of 5 to 6 millimeters.
We chop the clove of garlic and onion in very small cubes or pieces of arbitrary shape and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: fry the vegetables.
We put a teflon or non-stick cast-iron frying pan on a medium fire and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, when it warms up, put the chopped pepper, zucchini and eggplant. Fry them for 2-3 minutesstirring vigorously with a kitchen spatula.
As soon as the vegetables are slightly softened, add onions with garlic to them, season everything to taste with salt, black pepper and cook more 2 minuteswithout forgetting to mix.
Step 3: prepare the egg mixture.
Meanwhile, we put the eggs, a mixture of dried herbs in a deep bowl, pour in the whole pasteurized milk and whisk these products with a whisk to a homogeneous, lush consistency.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
After the vegetables are lightly browned, fill them with egg mixture. Lightly mix everything with a kitchen spatula, cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to small and fry the omelet for 5 minutes. To prevent it from burning, periodically, approximately every 35-40 seconds, pierce the egg miracle with a knife, allowing the upper liquid layer to flow down.
While the dish is being prepared, we will take care of the olives, put them on a clean cutting board and chop them with rings or half rings. When the omelet becomes dense, if desired, it can be browned on the other hand for one minute, and if you are more satisfied with the food without a crust, then immediately cut it into portions, arrange them in plates, decorate with chopped olives and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the vegetable omelet.
Vegetable omelet is served immediately after cooking hot. If desired, each serving is decorated with olives, olives, fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or basil. Along with this perfect breakfast or dinner, you can serve any meat dish or sausages, such as sausages, fried chicken, ham, baked pork shank or whatever you like. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- along with onions and garlic, you can add cubes of fresh tomato to the pan. Also very often a set of vegetables is supplemented with canned peas, corn or green green beans, they are stewed simultaneously with eggplant, zucchini and pepper;
- a set of spices is not essential, if desired, use any that season eggs dishes;
- sometimes a tablespoon of mayonnaise or sour cream for tenderness and one wheat flour are added to the egg mixture to make the omelet more dense;
- Do you want to give the omelette some simple and at the same time piquant zest? Sprinkle it with hard cheese and sesame, chopped on a fine grater, a minute before being cooked, and the dish will be covered with a delicate fragrant crust.