Ingredients for Mint Lime
- Mint 1 bunch (medium)
- Lime 1 piece (large)
- Liquid honey 3 tablespoons
- Purified water 1 liter
- Main IngredientsLime, Honey
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup (for water), Stove, Kettle with a lid (saucepan), Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Sieve with fine mesh, Carafe, Wooden kitchen spoon, Serving utensils (glasses, wine glasses, glasses, cups)
Making a mint-lime drink:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, we pour the necessary amount of purified water into a deep stewpan or teapot, put it on high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
In the meantime, wash lime and mint. Dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns laying on a cutting board and grind.
Cut greens in large chunks or keep the stems intact, but do not forget leave a few leaves for decoration. Cut citrus into rings or half rings. We also put honey on the kitchen table and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare a mint-lime drink.
When the water boils, rearrange it on the countertop. We put almost all the mint there, except for the amount that is needed for serving, and half the chopped lime. We cover the dishes with the ingredients with a lid and insist everything for 10-15 minutes.
Then, using a fine mesh sieve, we filter the practically cooled aromatic liquid into a decanter. Add honey there and mix them with the back of a wooden spoon to a homogeneous consistency. After that, pour the finished drink in portions into glasses, glasses or cups, decorate each ring of lime, mint leaves and serve to the table.
Step 3: Serve a mint-lime drink.
A mint-lime drink is served depending on your desire. In a warm version, it is very tasty, but also this nectar is pleasant to drink in a chilled form, putting a couple of ice cubes in your glass. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- you can use lemon with lime;
- very often honey is replaced with sugar;
- in boiling water, along with lime and mint, you can insist a couple of bags of green or black tea;
- A good alternative to mint - lemon balm;
- Would you like to get an alcoholic mint-lime drink? Then cool it, pour into wine glasses and add a little rum, white wine or vodka to each serving;
- if desired, the cooled water with mint and lime that has been brewed can be refrigerated, then filtered, seasoned with honey, garnished and served.