Ingredients for making coleslaw with mayonnaise
- Cabbage 1 kg
- Carrot 250 grams
- Mayonnaise 250 grams
- Sour cream 250 grams
- Mustard 2 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 50 grams
- Ground black pepper 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Salt 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Carrot, Sour Cream
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Deep bowl, Bowl, Whisk, Salad bowl or plate
Making coleslaw with mayonnaise:
Step 1: prepare the vegetables.
To begin with, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the right amount of carrots and remove the top damaged leaves from the head of cabbage. Then we wash the vegetables under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels and take turns putting them on a cutting board. We chop the cabbage with a thin straw, chop the carrots on a fine or medium grater and send the slices into a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the sauce.
Next, put sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper in a small bowl and pour in apple cider vinegar. We mix these ingredients with a whisk until a homogeneous consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: bring the salad to full readiness.
Pour the resulting creamy mayonnaise sauce into a bowl with chopped vegetables and a tablespoon, thoroughly mix all the components of the dish until smooth. Then we act as desired, or serve salad in portions on plates or in a salad bowl.
Step 4: serve cabbage salad with mayonnaise.
Cabbage salad with mayonnaise is served at room temperature in portions on plates or in a salad bowl. If desired, before serving it is decorated with sprigs or finely chopped greens of dill, parsley and green onions. This dish can be called universal, because such a salad can be both an ideal appetizer and a side dish for meat, poultry, game or fish dishes. Enjoy healthy food!
Enjoy your meal!
- sometimes sour cream is not put in the sauce, but is replaced with mayonnaise in an equal amount;
- if desired, the composition of vegetables can be supplemented with finely chopped radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet lettuce, shredded dill, parsley, cilantro and green onions;
- A great substitute for apple cider vinegar - white wine, but not bad, but not perfect - table 9% vinegar;
- Instead of black pepper, you can use allspice, it is less spicy and has a more spicy aroma.