Ingredients for making envelopes with cottage cheese
- Frozen puff pastry 500 g
- Curd 300 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Sugar sand 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet (15 grams)
- Sifted wheat flour 1/2 tablespoon
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar according to desire and taste
- Main Ingredients: Cottage Cheese, Puff Pastry, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Cutting board, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Dining fork - 2 pieces, Oven, Nonstick pan, Baking paper, Rolling pin, Table spoon, Kitchen knife, Kitchen gloves, Kitchen spatula, Fine mesh strainer, Dessert plate, Large flat dish
Cooking envelopes with cottage cheese:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
For this wonderful dessert we use already prepared puff pastry. We free it from packaging, put it on a cutting board or plate and leave at room temperature alone, by no means without deploying!
About 3-5 hours it will unfreeze if you want the dish to be tasty, take your time. When the semi-finished flour is soft and pliable, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the filling.
In the deep bowl we put the right amount of cottage cheese, add a pinch of salt there and grind them with a table fork to a homogeneous consistency.
Then, in a separate bowl, combine the raw chicken egg and two types of sugar: regular and vanilla. Beat these products with a clean fork until splendid, giving this process 3-4 minutes.
Then we pour the resulting mixture into a bowl with the curd and mix everything until smooth - the filling is ready!
Step 3: form envelopes with cottage cheese.
Next, preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius and cover the non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of baking paper. After that, sprinkle a tabletop with a thin layer of wheat flour and put puff pastry on it the whole length. Now, in order not to damage the structure of the semi-finished flour product, we roll it out with a rolling pin in one direction. The result should be a long rectangle with an approximate thickness of 5-7 mm.
With a sharp knife, cut it into 15 or 18 equal squares, their number depends on the desired size of the pies. Then we spread the filling in the middle of each, approximately 1.5-2 tablespoons.
In turn, we connect the opposite ends of the squares twice, first on one side, and then on the other side, and send the envelopes to the prepared pan.
Step 4: bake cottage cheese envelopes.
Now we check the temperature of the oven, if it has warmed up, put our products there on 20-25 minutes. After this time, the dessert will be ready, put on the kitchen gloves, rearrange the pastries on a cutting board, previously laid on the kitchen table, and allow it to cool to room temperature.
After that, using a kitchen spatula, transfer the envelopes with cottage cheese to a large flat dish, optionally sprinkle them with icing sugar and powdered sugar and enjoy tasting!
Step 5: serve envelopes with cottage cheese.
Envelopes with cottage cheese are served at room temperature. After baking, they are cooled, sprinkled with powdered sugar or poured with syrup, cream and served on a large flat dish or dessert plates.
Also, in addition to this dish, you can offer honey, jam, jam, condensed milk, sour cream with sugar or whipped cream. And to enjoy such puffs is pleasant in good company with a cup of fresh tea, coffee or cocoa.
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, the filling can be made salty with herbs and spices;
- very often, before baking, the envelopes are smeared with whipped yolk, from this, after cooking, their surface is covered with a beautiful brown blush;
- if you have a lot of time to defrost the dough, just leave it in the refrigerator for about 10-12 hours to thaw. If time is short, then there are several ways to speed up the process. The first option is to send the dough to the microwave in the “Defrost” mode, if there is no such function, set the power to 80 watts and turn the semi-finished product every 2-3 minutes, preventing it from heating up very much. The second option - wrap the dough in a plastic bag so that there are no cracks, and place in a bowl of warm water for 30-40 minutes, then let it lie down at room temperature until completely thawed;
- a good substitute for baking paper - parchment, and you can just grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of vegetable oil.