Georgian Potato Soup Ingredients
- Potato 1 kilogram
- Onions 250-300 grams
- 5 cloves garlic (small)
- Capsicum 1 piece (up to 2 centimeters long)
- Purified water 7 cups
- Salt to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Onion, Pepper, Greens
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Deep bowl, Stove, Deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), Ladle, Deep plate
Cooking Georgian Potato Soup:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, bring the required amount of purified water to a boil in a kettle. At the same time, peel onions, potatoes and garlic. Then we wash these products along with herbs and chilli peppers under a stream of cold running water. Then we dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns putting them on a cutting board and grind them. Onions - thin straws, quarters or half rings up to 5 millimeters thick.
We cut the potatoes in large cubes up to 2-2.5 centimeters in size, send them into a deep bowl and fill them with plain water so that they do not darken before use.
Shred garlic with parsley. Chopped peppers cut into small pieces up to 2-3 millimeters in size or put in a mortar and grind with a pestle (crush) to a homogeneous consistency resembling gruel.
Step 2: we cook potato soup in Georgian.
Next, put a deep pan on medium heat, put chopped onions with garlic in it, pour them 1 cup boiling water from the kettle and cook for 8-10 minutes.
After the right time, when the vegetables dissolve their aroma and soften, add the remaining water to them, that is, 6 glasses. Bring the liquid to a boil and send the cubes of potatoes, crushed capsicum and salt to taste. Cook the soup yet 20-25 minutes.
As soon as the potatoes have completely boiled, become soft and tender, turn off the stove and insist our first hot dish under a covered lid 5-7 minutes.
After that, with the help of a ladle, pour the soup into deep plates, sprinkle each portion with chopped parsley and serve it to the table.
Step 3: serve Georgian potato soup.
Georgian potato soup is served hot as a first course. If desired, each serving is supplemented with sour cream, homemade cream, vegetable or butter and sprinkled with chopped herbs. If this dish is not stuffed with fats, it can be called lean or dietary, but basically, boiled, baked or stewed meat, for example, beef, pork, lamb or veal, is served together with such a soup. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- during the cutting of hot pepper and garlic it is better to work in rubber gloves so as not to scorch the skin on the fingers and palms;
- An ideal substitute for parsley - dill, cilantro, green onions and basil, or a little bit of everything;
- instead of water, you can use meat broth or vegetable broth;
- this dish does not need additional spices, but sometimes it is seasoned with allspice, paprika and a leaf of laurel;
- the amount of red pepper is better to control to taste, put it less if you do not like spicy foods;
- Very often, together with potatoes, finely chopped sweet salad pepper and tomato cubes are sent to the pan.