Ingredients for cooking gobies in tomato
- Gobies (fresh) 1 kilogram
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Tomato juice (homemade) 700 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground allspice to taste
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces or to taste
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Main ingredients: Perch, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Scraper, Measuring cup (for juice), Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Flame diffuser for stove, Stove, Frying pan, Paper kitchen towels, Grater, Kitchen spatula, Deep pan with a lid or cauldron (capacity 3 liters) Plate
Cooking gobies in tomato:
Step 1: prepare the fish.
First of all, thoroughly wash the gobies under a stream of cold running water, at the same time using a scraper to clean them of scales. Then we gutted the fish, cut off each head and optionally remove the fins. After this, rinse the carcasses again, carefully dry with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture, put in a deep plate and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: fry the fish.
We put the pan on medium heat and pour about 50-60 milliliters vegetable oil. When it gets very hot, very carefully lower the first batch of bulls there. Fry them on both sides until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes each. Then with the help of a kitchen spatula we put the fish on a paper towel and give it the opportunity to absorb the excess fat, and meanwhile, fry the remaining.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the products.
While the bulls are roasting, you can prepare other necessary products. Using a clean knife, peel the onions and carrots. Then they are washed, dried, laid out in turn on a cutting board and chopped. We cut onions in half rings, quarters or cubes up to 1 centimeter thick. Shred carrots on a coarse grater. After that, put salt, spices and tomato juice on the kitchen table.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
When all the products are ready, proceed to the final stage. We take a cauldron or a deep pan with a thick bottom and lay there fish with spices and vegetables. We alternate them in this way: onions, gobies, salt, laurel leaves, carrots to taste, two types of pepper: black and allspice. The sequence can be changed, but it is desirable that some vegetable be the bottom layer.
After all the ingredients are laid, fill them with homemade tomato juice and put through a flame divider on a medium heat. After boiling, reduce its level to the smallest and cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
Cooking our dish 50-60 minutes, if we want the bulls to remain plump, or increase the time by another 25-30 minutesif we want a softer fish with almost boiled bones.
As soon as the meal is ready, turn off the stove and act as desired, either completely cool the fish, or just insist under the lid 15-20 minutes and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the bulls in a tomato.
Gobies in tomato are served hot or chilled, and in the latter they are much tastier, because they manage to soak quite a lot of vegetable juice. This dish can be considered both an appetizer and a hot main course, which is served with any side dish, such as mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, rice or pasta. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of homemade tomato juice, you can use either store-bought or 150 milliliters of tomato paste diluted in 600 milliliters of purified water, or 700 grams of fresh tomatoes blanched and chopped in a blender;
- during cooking periodically make sure that the fish is covered with tomato juice, if it is partially evaporated, add a little more;
- the set of spices is not essential, very often they use a universal mixture of spices for fish;
- sometimes the prepared ingredients are laid out in layers in a heat-resistant form, poured with tomato juice, tightened with aluminum foil, put in the oven, heated to 180 degrees Celsius, and baked for 2.5-3 hours.