Oven baked herring ingredients
- 3 medium-sized fresh-frozen herring
- Seasoning for fish to taste
- 1 medium lemon
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for greasing a baking sheet
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 3 servings
Oven, Cutting board, Knife, Medium bowl, Baking sheet or baking dish, Food foil, Kitchen gloves, Wooden spatula, Serving dish, Juicer, Saucer, Kitchen paper towels
Cooking herring baked in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the herring.
We spread the herring in a medium bowl and leave aside to reach room temperature. Immediately after that we wash the fish under running water. We spread it on a cutting board and wipe it with kitchen paper towels. Using a knife, carefully make a shallow incision along the abdomen towards the head. We remove the insides and the protective film. Attention: you can cut off your head if you wish. I usually leave it and decorate it with olives or olives after baking.
Once again, thoroughly rinse the component on all sides under running water and wipe it again with towels. Put the herring back into the bowl and leave it aside for a while.
Step 2: prepare the lemon.
We wash the lemon under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut off the edges. Attention: In general, we need citrus in order to sprinkle the fish with its juice, but for beauty, you can cut off a couple of circles from the fruit. So, using a juicer, we squeeze out all the liquid from the component.
Step 3: prepare the herring baked in the oven.
We cover the baking sheet or baking dish with foil and then grease with a small amount of vegetable oil. Now, to taste, rub the herring on all sides with salt and seasoning for the fish. Attention: seasonings can not be spared, as the dish with it turns out amazingly tasty. We spread the fish on a baking sheet, decorate with lemon slices and sprinkle with freshly squeezed juice. Now turn on the oven and heat it to a temperature 200 ° C. Immediately after that, put the dish bowl on a medium level and bake for 30 minutes. During this time, the herring should brown and become so fragrant that it will be difficult to resist. We turn off the oven, and we take out the baking sheet with the help of kitchen gloves and set aside.
Step 4: serve the herring baked in the oven.
Using a wooden spatula, we transfer the baked herring to a special flat plate, decorate with fresh vegetables, olives and olives, as well as greens, and serve to the dining table with such side dishes as mashed potatoes or boiled rice.
- For cooking, you can also use fresh herring. In this case, be sure to pay attention to the color of the gills and skin density in order to get a good fresh fish. The gill should be bright scarlet (by no means pale), and the skin should be dense. It is also necessary to remove the scales before cooking;
- in addition to the seasonings indicated in the recipe, the fish can also be grated with a ground mixture of peppers, a pinch of paprika and other spices to your taste;
- before cooking, you can put onion rings on the bottom of the pan, then the fish will turn out with a piquant interesting aroma and taste.