Ingredients for making Karelian fish soup
- Fresh salmon 500 grams
- Potato 2 pieces (large)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Dill 1 bunch (medium)
- Pasteurized whole milk 500 milliliters
- Cream (10-15% fat) 100 milliliters
- Butter 25 grams
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper peas 6-8 pieces or to taste
- Laurel leaf 2 pieces or to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Potato, Onion, Milk, Butter, Cream
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Deep non-stick pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), Stove, Skimmer, Deep plate, Colander, Kitchen spatula, Stewpan, Ladle
Cooking Karelian fish soup:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Using a sharp knife, peel onions and potatoes. Then we wash them with a bunch of dill under cold running water. Dry vegetables with paper kitchen towels, and with greens, shake off excess liquid above the sink. Then, in turn, put these products on a cutting board and grind. We cut each tuber of potato into 6-8 parts, immediately send them into a deep saucepan with a thick bottom, fill it with purified water so that it is a couple of centimeters above the pieces of vegetable, and put on medium heat.
We chop onions in cubes up to 1 centimeter in size, and just chop the greens finely. Then we begin to prepare the fish, wash it, dry it, put it on a clean cutting board and cut the skin off the salmon. Next, we cut the fish meat in portions up to 2 centimeters in size and transfer them to a deep plate. After that, put on the kitchen table the remaining ingredients that you will need to prepare the soup.
Step 2: prepare the Karelian ear.
When the liquid in the pan starts bubbling, use a slotted spoon to remove white foam from its surface and cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes. Then we throw it in a colander together with water and leave it on it 4-5 minutes. At the same time we put a stewpan with milk on the next burner, boil it, remove from the stove and temporarily remove to the side.
We wash the pan, dry it, put it on medium heat and put a piece of butter in it. After a few minutes, we send the chopped onion there and pass it for 2-3 minutes until transparent and soft, periodically stirring with a kitchen spatula.
Next, add the potatoes to it and cook them together for another 1 minute. Then we fill the vegetables with hot milk, bring it to a boil again and immediately put salt to taste along with pieces of prepared fish there.
Cook soup for 6-7 minutes, then season it with cream, black pepper, bay leaf and half a serving of chopped greens. Cooking a dish yet 4-5 minutes, turn off the stove, cover the pan with a lid and insist on the ear for 7-10 minutes.
Next, helping yourself with a ladle, pour it into deep plates, sprinkle each serving with 2-3 pinches of dill and dine onward!
Step 3: serve the Karelian ear.
Karelian fish soup is served hot to the dining table. It is served along with bread slices, slices of lemon and, if desired, sour cream. The taste of the soup is rich, delicate with a pleasant milky creamy aroma. Enjoy and enjoy great food!
Enjoy your meal!
- the fish cooks very quickly, so you should not put it in the pan ahead of time;
- very often, instead of milk, fish or chicken broth is used;
- 50 milliliters of dry white wine will revitalize the taste of fish soup. It must be added with cream;
- sometimes together with fish in a pan put raw shrimp and mussels;
- onions can be sautéed with finely grated carrots and thin slices of celery;
- An ideal substitute for onion - leek;
- for the preparation of this dish you can use any kind of red fish: pikeperch, perch, trout;
- a set of spices is not essential, a great addition: dried basil, oregano, allspice and many other spices that are used during the preparation of first fish dishes.