Ingredients for making squid salad with tomatoes
- Tomato 1 piece
- 1/4 onion
- Fresh squid 150 grams
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Dill or parsley 1-2 branches (optional for decoration)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water 1.5 liters
- Main ingredients: Squids, Onions, Tomato
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Deep bowl, Stove, Kettle, Saucepan (capacity 2 liters), Tablespoon, Paper kitchen towels, Salad bowl, Plate
Making squid salad with tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the squid.
First of all, we prepare squids, if you bought fresh, cleaned carcasses, you were lucky, but if not, then you will have to work a little with them. We turn on two rings on high heat, on one we put a full kettle with ordinary running water, and on the second - a small saucepan with peeled.
Next, put the squid in a deep bowl and after a while fill them with steep boiling water from the kettle. In just a few seconds, the film-peel on the surface of the seafood will curl up and easily move away from meat.
As soon as this happens, immediately transfer the carcasses to a bowl of ice water and allow them to cool slightly. After that, we rinse again, while removing the remnants of the skin and removing the insides with the chord - a transparent spine. Then we dry the squid with paper kitchen towels and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the squid.
After the water boils in a saucepan, add about a tablespoon of salt there, very carefully lower the seafood and cook them no more than three minutes. It is impossible to overexpose this ingredient in a hot liquid, this makes it tough and loses its taste!
After the required time has passed, we shift the finished squid into a bowl with clean cold running water. We cool them, dry them again, put them on a cutting board, use a sharp kitchen knife to cut into rings or straws with a thickness from 3 to 5 millimeters and send to the salad bowl.
Step 3: prepare the vegetables.
Now it's time to get vegetables. Peel the onion and rinse with tomato and greens under running water. Then we dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns laying on a clean cutting board and grind.
We chop the onion with straws. At the tomato we remove the place on which the stalk was attached, and cut it into thin slices or cubes. We leave the branches of dill or parsley whole and set aside, and send the prepared vegetables to a salad bowl for squid.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
So that the salad does not turn out to be fresh, we season it to taste with black ground pepper, mayonnaise and salt. Add the last ingredient very carefully! Do not forget that squids were boiled in salted water. Next, mix all the products with a tablespoon to a uniform consistency and serve the finished dish to the table.
Step 5: serve squid salad with tomatoes.
Squid salad with tomatoes is served immediately after preparation. It is served in a salad bowl or in portions on plates, optionally decorating each with sprigs of greens, slices of lemon and tomato. The taste of this dish is pleasant, rich, moderately sharp and quite delicate. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- If you decide to cook the salad later, squid can be prepared in advance. Clean the carcass as described in the recipe and send it to the freezer. There they can be stored for 1.5 months, while not losing their taste;
- frozen squids must be allowed to thaw completely before cleaning. It is better to fill them with cold water, leave in this form for 35-50 minutes and then prepare, based on the above instructions;
- a set of vegetables can be supplemented with salad pepper, canned corn or fresh cucumber;
- if you still overexposed squids in boiling water and their meat became rubber, do not worry! Boil seafood for another 30 minutes, after which time they will become soft, although there are practically no useful substances left in them.