Buckwheat and milk ingredients
- Buckwheat 1 cup
- Purified water 2 cups
- Butter 50 grams
- Pasteurized whole milk to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Salt half a tablespoon or to taste
- Main ingredients: Milk, Butter, Buckwheat, Sugar
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), Stove, Fine mesh strainer, Non-stick pan (capacity 2 liters), Tablespoon, Deep plate
Cooking buckwheat with milk:
Step 1: prepare buckwheat.
First of all, pour buckwheat on the kitchen table and sort it out, removing any kind of rubbish. Then we transfer the grains to a sieve with a fine mesh and carefully rinse them under a stream of cold running water until it becomes transparent.
Step 2: boil buckwheat.
We leave buckwheat in a sieve on 4-5 minutesto drain the remaining liquid. Then transfer to a small non-stick saucepan.
Fill with purified water and put on a strong fire. After boiling with a slotted spoon, remove the brown foam from the surface of the liquid.
Next, add salt to taste to the pan, reduce the fire level to the smallest and cook the buckwheat porridge under a closed lid for 15-20 minutes without stirring!
When the liquid in the pan has completely evaporated, put pieces of butter on the surface of the finished porridge.
Again, cover the dishes with buckwheat lid, wrap in a kitchen towel and let stand in this form 5-7 minutes.
Step 3: prepare the milk.
Meanwhile, pour the right amount of milk into the stewpan, put it on medium heat and bring to a boil. If it is whole pasteurized, you can just warm it up, and if it’s paired - then it’s better to boil 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
Next, lay the buckwheat in portions on deep plates and pour milk to taste. There we put a little sugar and, if necessary, salt. Then we add one more piece of butter to each plate and serve the dish to the table.
Step 5: serve buckwheat with milk.
Buckwheat with milk is served hot. Very often it is served for breakfast or dinner. Optionally, sugar can not be added to the resulting dish, as a result, there will be milk and buckwheat soup for the dining table. Also, each serving can be supplemented with useful ground nuts, chopped dried fruits or fruits. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you want to cook friable porridge, water should be 1: 2, and if more tender buckwheat, then liquids not less than 1: 3;
- sometimes this dish is prepared differently, buckwheat is boiled in a mixture of milk and water. Only after that fill it with butter, sugar and another portion of milk;
- if buckwheat is poured with boiling water and allowed to stand in this form for 7-8 hours, it will be cooked in 10-12 minutes and it will be possible not to insist it under a towel.