Ingredients for making sweet pilaf with dried fruits
- Long grain rice 2 cups
- Dried apricots 1 cup
- Pitted prunes 1 cup
- 1 medium carrot
- Pure cold cold water 4-4.5 cups
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon 1/3 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Flower honey to taste
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Dried Apricots, Prunes, Rice
- Serving 6 servings
Glass, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Cutting board, Knife, Kitchen stove, Medium grater, Plate - 3 pieces, Frying pan, Kitchen paper towels, Small bowl, Sieve, Cauldron with a thick bottom, Cauldron lid, Serving dish, Wooden spatula
Cooking sweet pilaf with dried fruits:
Step 1: prepare the pic.
Pour rice into a sieve and rinse under running cold water. Attention: continue this process until the liquid becomes clear. After that, place the sieve in a small bowl and leave the component aside so that excess water comes out of it.
Step 2: prepare the carrots.
Using a knife, peel the carrots and rinse thoroughly under running water. Using a medium grater, grind the component directly on the cutting board. After this, pour the carrot chips into a clean plate.
Step 3: prepare the prunes.
Rinse the prunes thoroughly under running water and then wipe it with kitchen paper towels. We spread dried fruits on a cutting board and chop into pieces with a knife. Pour finely chopped prunes into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare dried apricots.
Dried apricots are well washed under running water and put on a cutting board. Using kitchen paper towels, wipe the component. Using a knife, cut dried fruit into small pieces and transfer to a clean plate.
Step 5: prepare sweet pilaf with dried fruits.
Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan and put on medium heat. When the container with the contents warms up well, pour the chopped carrots and spices into it. From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the components for 2 minutes. Immediately after this, add chopped dried fruit. Once again, thoroughly mixing, continue to fry the filling of the dish yet 3 minutes.
After the allotted time, add rice to the pan. We mix everything with the help of improvised inventory and fry the ingredients for 5 minutes.
When the ingredients are well cooked and saturated with aromas, we pour everything into a cauldron. We do not turn off the burner, but simply reduce the fire. We put on it a container with pilaf. Pour clean water here, pour salt and cover with a lid. When the liquid starts bubbling, we detect 25-35 minutes (depending on the rice variety). During this period of time, the water should completely evaporate, and the croup swell, become soft and crumbly.
Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and leave the pilaf still infuse under the lid for 10-15 minutes.
Step 6: serve sweet pilaf with dried fruits.
Using a wooden spatula, transfer the hot sweet pilaf with dried fruits to a special plate and optionally pour a small amount of honey. The dish is very tasty and appetizing! So don't be surprised if your kids ask for supplements.
- Basmati rice is best for preparing such pilaf. It can even not be washed under running water, in addition, it is well-digested;
- in addition to the dried fruits indicated in the recipe, others can be added to the pilaf. For example, it can be dates, raisins and even figs;
- it is best to cook pilaf immediately in a cauldron with a thick bottom, so that all the juices and aromas of the ingredients are absorbed into the walls of the container, and then penetrate into the cooked rice. But if such a cauldron was not at hand, then you can fry everything in a pan, and then pour it into a pan.