Ingredients for Cooking Fried Chicken in Sour Cream
- Chicken fillet or other parts of the carcass 600-700 g
- Onion medium 1 pc
- Wheat flour 2 tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sour cream 150 g
- 3-4 green onions
- Salt to taste
- Peppers mix to taste
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Sour cream, Flour
Knife, Cutting board, Frying pan, Shovel, Dining spoon, Tea spoon, Paper napkins, Small plate
Cooking fried chicken in sour cream:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
My chicken fillet, dry with paper napkins and cut into pieces. Salt a little and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper mixture. Of course, you can use the finished powder, but its aroma and taste are not so pronounced. The difference is immediately noticeable.
Why do we need two types of onions? Onions will give spiciness, and green will add freshness and beauty.
So, peel the onion and cut into cubes or straws, transfer to a plate.
I wash the feathers of green onions, dry and chop finely. We send them to a plate and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the fried chicken in sour cream.
Fry the chicken on both sides in a well-heated frying pan in a small amount of oil until a brown crust forms. If there is a lot of meat, it is better to do it in two or three stages, depending on the size of the pan.
We return all the fillets back to the pan and pour onions. When it turns golden, sprinkle with flour. It will give the sauce some density, make it more uniform, tender and will not allow sour cream to curl.
Shuffle everything together. The flour should be slightly fried, after which you need to add 100 milliliters of hot water. The next item is sour cream. She greatly changes the taste of the dish. Mix everything, salt to taste, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes over low heat. The chicken fillet itself is a little dry, and in a sour cream sauce it turns out tender and juicy. At the very end, add green onions. It will refresh the dish, enhance its flavor and significantly improve color perception.
Turn off the heat and let the meat brew in the sauce under the lid, and at the same time cool slightly.
Step 3: Serve the fried chicken in sour cream.
Fried chicken in sour cream can be served as a separate dish. And even better, to prevent the abyss of delicious and fragrant sauce - with boiled rice or potatoes in any form.
Enjoy your meal!
- it is completely optional to be limited only to sour cream and onions. Try cooking with various additives, such as dill, cheese, mushrooms, sweet peppers, ginger, mustard, soy sauce. Of course, it’s not worth adding everything at once, just choose 2-3 suitable products;
- unlike fillets, other meaty parts of the chicken, legs and thighs, take longer to cook. Extinguishing time should be increased to 30 minutes and, if the sauce evaporates, add a little hot water.