Ingredients for making croutons with green onions
- Long loaf 1 piece
- Green onion (dried) 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Rock salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Olive oil 30-40 milliliters
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Teaspoon, Mortar and pestle, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl, Nonstick pan, Oven, Kitchen gloves, Kitchen spatula, Paper towel, Deep plate
Cooking crackers with green onions:
Step 1: prepare the dried green onions.
Pour the desired amount of dried onion into the mortar. We add rock salt there. Grind them with a pestle to the consistency of the powder and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the bread.
Put the loaf on a cutting board, cut it into slices thick up to 1 centimeter, if desired, remove the crust from each and chop the pieces of bread in small cubes, straws, squares or rhombuses.
Step 3: prepare the crackers for baking.
Put a couple of rye shredded loafs on the bottom of the dry deep bowl and sprinkle with 2-3 pinches of the mixture of dried onion and salt.
Put another layer of bread on top and sprinkle with the aromatic mixture again. We act until all the slices of the loaf are covered with a thin layer of spice.
Then, very carefully with clean hands or a tablespoon, mix the bread slices to a homogeneous consistency, if necessary, periodically adding the onion mixture.
Step 4: bake crackers.
Now turn on and preheat the oven up to 175-180 degrees Celsius. If desired, we cover the non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum food foil or do without it.
Pour a teaspoon of olive oil to the bottom of the baking sheet, put slices of loaf boned in onion mixture there and mix them very gently with fat with a table fork.
Then add some more oil, everything will go away 1,5-2 tablespoons. Do not pour on bread! Since it absorbs it very quickly.
Mix everything again and send to the preheated oven on 2025 minutes.
During this time, crackers will reach full readiness, but periodically they should be stirred so as not to burn.
As soon as the pieces of bread begin to crack slightly and change color from white to beige, using kitchen tacks, we rearrange the baking sheet on a cutting board previously laid on the countertop.
Using a kitchen spatula, we transfer the hot crackers onto a paper kitchen towel, it absorbs excess oil.
Then we cool them down to room temperature and serve them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Step 5: serve the croutons with green onions.
Rusks with green onions are served at room temperature. After cooking, they are cooled, transferred to a deep plate and savored with the first hot dishes, added to salads for breakfast or enjoyed with tea at noon, as well as dinner.
They perfectly complement a picnic, barbecue or barbecue. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- dried green onions in itself are very thin and slippery, so it is better to grind it with salt;
- You can add spicy spices to the onion, for example: black or allspice, caraway seeds, parsley, coriander, dried ginger. The main thing is not to overdo it, you need to put a little bit;
- instead of olive oil, you can use any vegetable or melted butter;
- crackers can be cooked in the microwave, but do not forget some rules! We dry in a special heat-resistant dish, including a microwave at full power each time for 2 minutes, about 4-5 approaches. As soon as crackers begin to crack, we reduce the time of approaches by half (30-40 seconds). Each time, mixing, we control the preparation, if the crackers are already browned and dried, we take them out of the microwave, cool and serve.