Oven ingredients for cooking potatoes with lamb in the oven
- Lamb (young lamb) 1 kilogram (meat on the bones - ribs)
- Potato 2 kilograms (large)
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Laurel leaf 2-4 pieces
- Oregano 2 pinches
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Spice mix for meat to taste
- Main Ingredients: Lamb, Potato, Onion
- Serving 4 - 5
- World Cuisine
Tablespoon, Oven, Glass heat-resistant baking dish, Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Deep plate, Deep bowl, Wooden skewer, Kitchen potholders, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking potatoes with lamb in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, preheat the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius and grease a heat-resistant glass baking dish with 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Then we wash the lamb under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and cut into thick slices in portions from 1.5 to 2 centimeters. It is advisable that every slice of meat was with a bone!
Then we rub the lamb on all sides with salt, black pepper, put it in a deep plate and leave it like that on 10 - 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and onions. We wash the vegetables under a stream of cold water, dry them with paper towels, take turns putting them on a clean cutting board and chop.
Cut potatoes into slices or rings with a thickness of at least 1 - 1.5 centimeters, onion - half rings, straws or rings thick 5 to 7 millimeters.
We shift these slices into a deep bowl, sprinkle with salt to taste, not forgetting that we used it during meat preparation, and mix the vegetables with clean hands until a uniform consistency.
After that, we put on the table all the other products and spices that will be needed to prepare this dish.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes with lamb in the oven.
After 10 - 15 minuteswhen vegetables with meat are soaked in salt, put them in a prepared form, first potatoes with onions, and on top slices of lamb.
Then we insert laurel leaves between the products and sprinkle the still raw dish with 2 - 3 pinches of dried oregano, and also to taste with a mixture of spices for meat.
Put the form in a preheated oven on a medium rack and bake lamb with vegetables 40 - 45 minutes.
We open the oven periodically and with the help of a tablespoon we pour the prepared meal with fat that accumulates at the bottom of the mold. If it is very small, it means lean meat, then it is worth pouring 1/2 cup of dry red wine or ordinary purified water there.
After the required time, we check the readiness of the lamb with a wooden skewer. In turn, we introduce its point into each piece of meat and gently press on the fibers: if red juice stands out from the slot, then the meat is raw and it is worth giving it another 5 - 7 minutes bake if light - the dish is ready.
We put on kitchen gloves, rearrange the form on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and let the fragrant dish stand at room temperature 3 to 4 minutes. Then, using a kitchen spatula, we spread the potatoes with lamb in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve the potatoes with lamb in the oven.
Oven mutton is served hot as a second main course. This dish is complemented by slicing fresh vegetables, salads, pickles, various herbs and sauces based on sour cream, tomatoes, and cream! Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- for baking, it is better to take the meat of a young lamb (milk lamb), it almost does not have the specific flavor inherent in this type of animal;
- if the aroma of lamb meat itself is not pleasant to you, but it tastes good, you can neutralize the specific smell with marinade or very spicy spices, such as zira or cilantro;
- very often before baking, the mutton is slightly boiled for 10 - 15 minutes, this process also partially neutralizes the specific smell of this meat;
- instead of a glass baking dish, you can use the usual deep non-stick pan;
- A set of vegetables can be supplemented with fresh tomatoes, eggplant or zucchini.