Ingredients for Making Striped Pancakes
- Wheat flour 250 grams
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Pasteurized whole milk 500 milliliters
- Sugar 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Cocoa Powder 2 teaspoons
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Milk, Flour, Cocoa and Chocolate
- Serving Portion 18 Servings
- World Cuisine
Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Measuring cup, Deep bowl, Fine mesh strainer, Bowl, Mixer or whisk, Pastry syringe, Stove, Frying pan, Sterile bandage, Small bowl, Kitchen spatula, Ladle, Large flat dish, Plate
Cooking Striped Pancakes:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
We take a sieve with a fine mesh and sift through it into a deep bowl 250 grams of wheat flour. We make a deepening in the flour hill, pour 4 tablespoons of sugar, salt to taste, pour 125 milliliters of milk and lightly mix with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency. Then pour the remaining milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the same bowl and, using a whisk or mixer, knead the dough without lumps. Its texture should resemble sour cream of medium density. Give the test "rest" for 20 minutes.
After we put in a clean bowl 6 - 8 tablespoons of white pancake dough, pour 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder in the same bowl, mix them until smooth and transfer the resulting "chocolate" mass into a confectionery syringe.
Step 2: fry the pancakes.
Now turn on the fire to a medium level, put the pan and heat. Meanwhile, pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into a small bowl, dip a piece of sterile bandage in it and squeeze it. There will be very little oil left on the bandage, grease it with a heated pan, tilt it at an angle and pour one small ladle of white pancake dough. After we unfold the pan in a circular motion. We do this so that the dough is distributed throughout the bottom of the pan with an even thin layer, and again we put it on the stove. Immediately squeeze out strips of chocolate dough through a pastry syringe onto a white dough.
When the bottom side of the pancake is browned, turn it over to the other side with a kitchen spatula and fry the second side of the pancake 30 - 40 seconds. After we transfer the finished pancake to a more flat dish and in the same way we prepare the remaining pancakes until the dough is over.
Step 3: serve the striped pancakes.
Pancakes are served warm. They can be savored with jam, fruit or berry jams, honey. Also, such pancakes can be stuffed with any sweet filling: jam, cottage cheese, stewed apples, crushed strawberries, banana, kiwi with sugar and these are just a few of the possible options. It is pleasant to enjoy such a dessert with a cup of hot tea in good company.
Enjoy your meal!
- Vegetable oil can be replaced with butter or cream margarine of the highest grade.
- If desired, a bag of vanilla sugar (15 grams) or cinnamon (a pinch) can be added to the dough.
- If you use a teflon-coated pan for frying pancakes, then you should not grease its bottom with vegetable oil.
- The ingredients for the dough can be mixed using a blender or food processor.
- It is desirable that all the ingredients from which the pancake dough is prepared are at room temperature.