Ingredients for making cutlets from the heart
- Pork heart 500 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Pork fat 80 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- White bread (according to GOST) 90 grams (3 slices)
- 1 cup pasteurized whole milk
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise for each
- Breadcrumbs 4-5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Lard, Heart, Onion, Milk, Bread
- Serving 22 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen scale, Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Deep plate, Plate - 3 pieces, Oven, Nonstick pan , Baking brush, Kitchen gloves, Kitchen spatula
Cooking cutlets from the heart:
Step 1: prepare the heart.
First of all, we prepare the pork heart, rinse it under cold running water, put it on a cutting board, cut it lengthwise into 4 parts, and clean the offal from the big blood vessels.
Then we wash the pieces of the heart again, transfer them to a deep bowl, fill them with cold water and leave them as 1 hour.
Step 2: prepare lard, onion, bread and breadcrumbs.
In the meantime, break several pieces of white bread into pieces, put them in a bowl, pour a glass of whole pasteurized milk and soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
Then squeeze and transfer to a deep plate.
Next, peel the onions, and remove the hard skin from a piece of bacon. In turn, we wash these products under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and grind them. Cut the onion into 6 - 8 parts. We chop the fat in small cubes, lay the slices on plates, and pour the desired number of breadcrumbs into a separate one.
Step 3: prepare the minced meat and form the patties.
When the heart is infused, we take it out of the bowl, dry it with paper towels, put it on a cutting board and cut it into cubes or slices.
Then we pass the offal together with onions, bread and lard directly into a deep bowl through a meat grinder with medium holes.
In the resulting mince, add the chicken egg, to taste salt, black pepper and optionally any spices for meat. After that, mix everything with clean hands until smooth and proceed to the next step.
Preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius and with a baking brush, grease the non-stick pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
Then we take a tablespoon of minced meat, put it in a moistened palm, form an oval or round cutlet, roll it in breadcrumbs, put it on the bottom of the prepared baking sheet and in the same way we mold the rest until the mince is over.
Step 4: bake cutlets from the heart.
Then put half a teaspoon of mayonnaise on each cutlet and put them in a preheated oven at 25 - 30 minutes.
During this time, open the oven a couple of times and we water baked goods juiceaccumulated at the bottom of the pan.
When the cutlets are lightly browned, we put on kitchen gloves in our hands, rearrange them on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and allow to cool slightly.
Then with the help of a kitchen spatula we transfer the patties into a deep bowl, onto a large flat dish or immediately distribute them to portioned plates and serve.
Step 5: serve the cutlets from the heart.
Heart cutlets are served hot as the main course. As a side dish, you can offer mashed potatoes, jacket potatoes, a salad of fresh vegetables, pickles, boiled rice, cereals from various cereals or pasta.
Very often, these cutlets are served with sauces based on vegetables, tomatoes, milk, sour cream or cream. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- a set of spices can be supplemented with: paprika, coriander, allspice, anise, ground leaf of laurel, cardamom, dried herbs, and these are just a few of the possible options;
- if desired, the baking sheet can be covered with a sheet of aluminum food foil;
- instead of vegetable oil, you can use cream, and replace the pork heart with beef;
- very often the formed patties are lightly fried in a pan and then baked in the oven, this makes their crust more crispy and rosy;
- bread can be soaked in water;
- cutlets can be stuffed with prunes, cheese or a mixture of oil, spices and herbs;
- sometimes finely chopped garlic is put in the minced meat.