Ingredients for Cooking Baked Sea Bass Fillet
- Sea bass (filet without skin and bones) 500 grams
- Potato 1 kilogram
- Onion 1 piece
- Hard cheese 100 grams
- Mayonnaise 100 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground nutmeg half teaspoon or to taste
- Main Ingredients: Sea Bass, Potato, Onion
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Oven, Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Mandolin grater, Regular grater, Deep plate - 3 pieces, Deep bowl, Heat-resistant glass or aluminum non-stick baking dish (size 32 by 24 centimeters) , Kitchen potholders, Kitchen spatula, Kitchen plate
Preparation of baked fillet of sea bass:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, turn on and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Then we wash the fillet of sea bass under cold running water, dry the fish with paper kitchen towels from excess moisture, put it on a cutting board and cut it into layers, cubes or pieces of arbitrary shape. It is desirable that the thickness of the servings does not exceed 2 - 3 centimeters. After that we transfer the chopped fillet into a deep bowl, sprinkle it to taste with salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Mix everything thoroughly and leave the fish as it is on 12 - 15 minutes.
We don’t waste time in vain, we prepare the rest of the products that will be needed for cooking. Peel the potatoes with onions, rinse them under a stream of cold water, dry them with paper towels, take turns on a chopping board and chop.
We shred potatoes in layers up to 2 - 3 millimeters thick. It is advisable to do this with a kitchen grater - "Mandolin".
Onion cut into rings or half rings up to 5 millimeters thick.
We cut off the paraffin crust from the hard cheese, rub it on a medium or fine ordinary grater and lay out the slices in separate deep plates.
We also put mayonnaise and spices on the table, they are still useful.
Step 2: prepare the baked fillet of sea bass.
Now we take a heat-resistant or non-stick baking dish, it is desirable that it be small in size, about 32 by 24 centimeters. We spread half of the chopped potatoes on its bottom. We put pieces of fish on top of it in an artistic mess, then onions, again potatoes, which we salt and pour with a layer of mayonnaise. After that, sprinkle the still raw dish with cheese and, if desired, spices.
Next, put the form in a preheated oven on a medium rack. Bake fillet of sea bass for 40 minutes. After the required time has passed, all the components of the dish will reach full readiness, we put on kitchen gloves, take out the form from the oven and put it on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop.
Let the aromatic dish cool down a bit, divide it with a kitchen spatula into portions, arrange them on plates and serve.
Step 3: serve the baked fillet of sea bass.
Baked fillet of sea bass is served hot as a second course. If desired, before serving, each serving is sprinkled with freshly chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, green onion or supplemented with sour cream, as well as homemade cream. This aromatic, tasty and very healthy meal will fill you with energy and give you a pleasant satiety. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- a set of spices can be supplemented with such spices: white pepper, allspice, dried dill, lemongrass, savory, tarragon, peppermint, caraway or sage;
- if desired, before baking fish can be marinated in soy sauce with spices - 20 - 30 minutes. In this case, salt needs only the top layer of potatoes;
- sometimes between the fish and the layer of potatoes laid on top make another 2 - 3 layers of freshly sliced tomatoes, slices of sweet salad pepper and layers of champignon;
- very often, instead of mayonnaise, sour cream, cream, as well as a mixture of mayonnaise, mustard and tomato sauce or ketchup are used;
- ordinary onions can be replaced with any other: Bulgarian red, leek, shallots.