Ingredients for making chicken fillet balyk
- Chicken (fresh fillet) 3-4 pieces (600 grams)
- Coarse sea salt (not iodized) 250 grams
- A mixture of peppers (ground) 1.5 tablespoons
- Mix of herbs (French) 1.5 tablespoons
- Dried laurel leaf (medium) 10 pieces
- Cognac (3 stars) 50 grams
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Cognac, Sugar
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Measuring cup, Plastic container with a tight lid, Refrigerator, Paper kitchen towels, Sterile gauze or linen napkins, Dish or plate
Cooking chicken fillet balyk:
Step 1: prepare the chicken fillet.
We take the right amount of chicken, wash it under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels. Then we put the meat on a cutting board and clean it of the film, cartilage and tendons, these parts of the fillet after cooking remain stiff, so you should get rid of them. We leave the chicken on the board and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the salt mixture.
Pour in a deep bowl sea coarse salt, a mixture of peppers, herbs and broken into small pieces laurel leaves. Mix the spices with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency, add cognac there and mix everything again.
Step 3: prepare the chicken fillet balyk.
Now pour to the bottom of the plastic container 1/2 part the resulting mixture and put the prepared chicken fillet on it, firmly crushing it with your palms. Then we fill the meat with the remaining spicy-salt mixture, close the container with a lid or tighten with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
After the required time, we take out the fillet from the refrigerator, thoroughly rinse it under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, wrap each part in a piece of sterile gauze or linen cloth, put it in a clean container and keep it in the refrigerator another 12 hours minimum, maximum 24. After that, the dish can be tasted.
Step 4: serve the chicken fillet balyk.
Chicken fillet balyk is served chilled. Its serving depends on your desire. Such meat is often used as a slicer, as an addition to salad, or savor it with black bread and butter.
It is stored in the refrigerator, right in the gauze, but if desired, the fabric can be removed and put the fillet in a clean hermetically sealed container. The taste of meat is tender, medium-salted, with a pleasant aroma of spices. If you do not know what the dish is made of, then you might think that these are pieces of salted fish. Enjoy it!
- cognac can be replaced with whiskey, rum or brandy;
- if desired, you can use any other herbs and spices in the recipe or refuse them altogether if the sharp aroma of spices is not pleasant to you;
- the amount of alcohol can be reduced to 25 grams;
- if you prefer dried jerky, you can hang it at room temperature and dry in this way for a couple of days;
- the best place for this process is a cornice, a glazed balcony, a bathtub or any other periodically ventilated room;
- it is desirable that the thickness of the fillet does not exceed two centimeters. Ate pieces of meat too thick, each should be cut lengthwise into 2 parts and then salted.