Ingredients for making cottage cheese bagels
- Wheat flour (sifted) 2 cups in a dough and 1 tablespoon to form
- Cottage cheese (dry) 400 grams
- Butter (softened) 150 grams per dough
- Chicken yolk 1 piece
- Food baking powder for the test 1 teaspoon (with a hill)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Sugar to taste
- Condensed milk as desired and to taste
- Main ingredients: Cottage cheese, Butter, Flour
- Serving24 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Plastic food wrap, Refrigerator, Oven, Non-stick metal pan, Metal kitchen spatula, Knife, Rolling pin, Kitchen gloves, Kitchen spatula, Large flat dish
Cooking cottage cheese bagels:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
Grind into a deep bowl through a sieve with a fine mesh the right amount of cottage cheese.
Then add softened butter, chicken yolk to it and mix the products with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency.
After that, put salt, food baking powder in a bowl and pour one glass of sifted wheat flour. Knead the viscous dough with clean hands.
Without stopping, add the remaining flour to the resulting mixture and continue kneading until the semi-finished flour product acquires a denser structure.
A well-made dough should be flexible, pliable and non-sticky.
After cooking, roll it into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and send it to the refrigerator 30 - 60 minutes.
Step 2: we form cottage cheese bagels.
In 30 - 60 minutes turn on and preheat the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius. Then we cover the non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of baking paper and remove the brewed dough from the refrigerator.
We spread it on the countertop, previously sprinkled with flour, and divide the semi-finished flour with a kitchen spatula into 2 equal parts.
Now we take one of the parts of the dough, roll it into a ball, laying it on a thin layer of flour and using a rolling pin roll it into a circle with a diameter from 32 to 35 centimeters.
Next, cut it into 10 to 12 triangles and sprinkle them to taste with sugar.
After that, we turn each triangle, starting from the wide side, into a small dense bagel.
We spread on a baking sheet prepared for baking, in the same way we form the remaining bagels and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: bake cottage cheese bagels.
After some time, we put a baking sheet with bagels in a preheated oven. Bake them 20 - 25 minutes.
Then we put kitchen gloves on our hands, take out a baking sheet from the oven and put it on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop.
We give the bagels a little cool. Then we act on request, either serve the baked goods immediately, or pour it with melted chocolate, condensed milk, custard or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Step 4: serve the cottage cheese bagels.
After baking, the cottage cheese bagels are cooled, optionally supplemented with creams, chocolate, condensed milk or powdered sugar. Then, using a kitchen spatula, they are transferred to a large flat dish and served with tea. Their taste resembles puff pastries with a thin coating of crispy sugar crust. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Very often, dried fruits are added to the dough: chopped prunes, dried apricots, dried strawberries, raspberries, dried cherries or raisins.
- In order to make the crust of bagels more ruddy, you can grease them with beaten egg yolk before baking.
- Instead of food baking powder, you can use 1 teaspoon of table soda, slaked with 9% vinegar.
- At will, each bagel can be filled with filling. It can be fresh chopped fruits, berries, marmalade or chocolates.
- If you do not have baking paper, you can use parchment paper soaked in a thin layer of butter or vegetable oil instead. You can also grease a non-stick baking sheet with oil, sprinkle it with a thin layer of wheat flour and then lay the formed bagels on it.
- If you have fat (wet) cottage cheese, then more flour will be kneaded - from 2.5 to 3 glasses.