Ingredients for making fried mullet
- Red Mullet 5 pcs
- Breading flour
- Lime 1 pc
- Dry white wine 0.5 cups
- Vegetable oil 6-7 tbsp. spoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main IngredientsLime, Flour, White Wine
- Serving 5 servings
Inventory:Frying pan, Plates, Knife, Cutting board, Kitchen stove, Kitchen spatula, Paper kitchen towels or napkins
Cooking fried mullet:
Step 1: Prepare the fish.
A medium-sized mullet is a fish of the drum family, which has very tender and tasty meat.
So, we clean the fish from scales, rinse under running water, cut the gills on a cutting board and remove the insides. Then we wash it under cold running water and wipe it dry with paper kitchen towels or napkins.
Step 2: Cut the lime.
We wash the lime under running water, wipe it dry with a kitchen towel, put it on a cutting board, cut it in half and cut one part first across the slices, and then into slices. The second part is left intact.
Step 3: Breast the mullet.
Pour the flour onto a cutting board or in a plate, add salt, black pepper, mix and carefully roll the mullet in breading.
Step 4: Fry the fish.
We turn on a small fire on the stove, pour vegetable oil into the pan and put on the burner. When the oil warms up, lay out the fish and fry it for about 5 - 7 minutes on each side.
Then add chopped lime, wine and fry until cooked.
Step 5: Serve the fried mullet.
We shift the red mullet onto a serving plate, sprinkle with half of the lime and serve. As decoration, you can use dill or parsley. Everything, our delicious fish is ready!
Enjoy your meal!
- Lime can be replaced with lemon.
- If you do not have the opportunity to add wine to the dish, red mullet will still turn out tasty, but it will have a stronger fish aroma and a less saturated gamut of tastes.
- You can add oregano, basil, thyme, savory, nutmeg or mint to black pepper.
- An ideal option would be to use olive as a vegetable oil.