Ingredients for Making Frozen Berry Pie
- Wheat flour 2.5 cups + 2 tbsp. spoons
- 3 eggs
- Sugar 1 cup or to taste
- Kefir 1 cup
- Butter 100 g
- Baking powder 1.5 tsp
- Frozen berries 3 cups or to taste
- Salt 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Vegetable oil for form lubrication
- Main ingredients: Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Kefir, Butter, Flour, Sugar
Baking dish, Measuring cup, Mixer, Bowl, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Oven, Sieve
Making cake with frozen berries:
Step 1: Cook the dough.
The first thing to start is with the preparation of butter. For our recipe, it should be softened, so we take it out of the refrigerator in advance.
Then sift the flour into a deep plate or bowl, add baking powder, salt and mix thoroughly with a tablespoon or whisk until smooth.
In the bowl of the mixer, spread the softened butter and sugar. Mix them with a mixer at maximum speed for 5 minutes until a delicate creamy consistency. Then we wash the eggs under hot running water and add one each in the mixer bowl, while still stirring.
Now the whole volume of the flour mixture is visually divided into three parts and gradually added to the bowl of the mixer, the speed of which is best reduced to a minimum. After the first part of the flour, add a little kefir, then again the flour, until we get a uniform smooth dough.
Step 2: Prepare the berries.
Berries for pie can be used any: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, currants or blackberries. And both one species and a mixture of different berries. It totally depends on your taste.
Pour the frozen berries into a deep plate, add 2 tablespoons of flour and mix gently.
Step 3: Bake the cake.
Then mix the prepared berries with the dough. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil and gently pour the dough with berries into it.
In the preheated oven, set the form and bake the cake for 50 - 75 minutes until ready. Time will depend on the oven and the form chosen.
The readiness of the pie can be checked with an ordinary match, a toothpick or a skewer. It should not have traces of raw, unbaked dough.
After cooking, remove the mold from the oven and let the cake cool slightly. After which we take the baked goods out of the mold, put them on a grate or a wooden cutting board and wait for complete cooling.
Step 4: Serve the cake with frozen berries.
Berry pie is served at room temperature. It can be decorated with icing sugar or delicious icing, for example, chocolate or fruit. As for the drink, it is better to give preference to aromatic tea or cocoa. Enjoy delicious homemade cakes!
Enjoy your meal!
- If you like the citrus flavor, then you can add the zest of one lemon to the dough, at the stage of whipping butter with sugar.
- For a stronger and sweeter flavor, you can add a little vanilla extract or vanilla sugar to the dough.
- The baking powder can be replaced with soda, but it is better to reduce the amount to 2/3 of a teaspoon.
- To make the finished cake easier to separate from the mold. It must be covered in advance with baking paper or foil and greased with vegetable or butter.