Ingredients for making kefir cakes with filling
- Kefir (at least 2.5% fat) 1 cup
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Soda 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For curd filling
- Curd 250 grams
- Chicken egg 1 piece (selective)
- Fresh greens 1 large bunch
- Salt to taste
- Sunflower oil as required
- Main ingredients: Kefir, Cottage cheese, Flour
- Serving 2 servings
Frying pan, cup, stewpan, deep plate - 2 pieces, rolling pin, cutting board, spatula, fork, tablespoon, kitchen knife, cling film.
Preparation of kefir cakes with filling:
Step 1: Knead the cake dough.
To start, warm the kefir so that it is not cold. It is better to leave it for some time at room temperature or, in extreme cases, gently heat in a saucepan over low heat.
In warm kefir, dilute soda, sugar and salt, mix everything with a fork, and then pour into sifted wheat flour and knead the dough. There should be enough flour so that the dough in the end is not sticky and well behind hands, therefore, it may need more than indicated in the recipe.
Roll the kneaded dough into a ball, place in a deep plate, cover with cling film and leave on 20-30 minutes. If it is not very hot, then let the mass stand at room temperature, otherwise it is better to put it in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Cook the curd filling.
While the dough is infused, prepare the filling. In my case, this is a salty curd mass with fresh herbs. To prepare it, I first knead the cottage cheese with a fork, along with a small amount of salt. Then I add a raw egg to the plate with it, mix everything thoroughly and lastly sprinkle a lot of chopped herbs (this can be parsley, and dill, and cilantro, and onion feathers), and then mix everything very carefully to get a homogeneous mass.
Step 3: We form kefir cakes with filling.
Take out the dough and put it on a surface sprinkled with flour. Roll the mass into a thick sausage, and then divide it into several equal parts. And each piece of kefir dough with a rolling pin turn into a thin cake.
In the resulting rounds, put the curd mass, placing it in the center of the cake. Use your fingers to lift the edges and connect them at the top, hiding salted cottage cheese with greens inside the product. And so that the cake remains a cake, roll it again with a rolling pin or press the resulting seam with your hands.
Step 4: Fry the stuffed kefir cakes.
Heat the pan with vegetable oil. Sauté kefir cakes stuffed over medium heat. Cooking is necessary until the products come in a mouth-watering blush on both sides.
Step 5: Serve the stuffed kefir cakes.
Put the finished kefir cakes on a prepared plate, wait a bit for them to cool, and you can eat them without burning, and serve them to the table.
Kefir cakes with filling are a hearty breakfast, and a delicious afternoon snack, as well as a pleasant addition to a family lunch or dinner. They disappear from the plate no less than the more labor-intensive pies, so you always have to cook more so that everyone has enough.
Enjoy your meal!
- For meat filling, twist fresh meat with onions, add salt, pepper, meat spices and herbs to the resulting minced meat. Spread such a filling with a thin layer, and fry the cakes with it a little longer than others so that the meat has time to cook.
- Cheese filling is even easier to prepare: take any cheese, hard or creamy, or even suluguni, for example. Grate or grind in a blender, add herbs or garlic, and that's it! Start with the resulting cake mixture and fry them.
- How to cook kefir cakes with ham, you can read by clicking on this link.