Ingredients for making batter with potato batter
- Potato 5 pieces (medium)
- Kefir 1 cup
- Mayonnaise 1 cup
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Semolina 1 tablespoon
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Kefir, Flour
- Portion 6-8
- World Cuisine
Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), a tablespoon, a teaspoon, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, an oven, a heat-resistant or non-stick baking dish, a mixer or a blender with a whisk attachment, a deep bowl, a sieve with a fine mesh, kitchen potholders, kitchen spatula, portion plate.
Making a pie of batter with potatoes:
Step 1: prepare inventory and potatoes.
This cake is prepared very quickly, so first turn on the oven to heat up to 170 degrees Celsius, with the help of a baking brush, grease the bottom, as well as the inside of the sides of the heat-resistant or non-stick form for baking with a thin layer of vegetable oil and crush the fat with a tablespoon of semolina. After that, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the potatoes and rinse them thoroughly under trickles of cold running water. Then we dry the tubers with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and chop them with plates no more than 2-3 millimeters thick, if you have a food processor, it is better to use it for slicing, the slices will be perfectly thin, of the same size.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
We break raw chicken eggs into a deep bowl, pour in the right amount of mayonnaise, kefir of any fat content, pour baking soda, a couple of pinch of salt and beat these ingredients to a homogeneous consistency with a mixer or a hand blender with a special nozzle. We don’t devote much time to this process, it’s enough for a couple of minutes, as soon as the mass slightly increases in size, we begin to pour wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade, into it through a sieve with a fine mesh, kneading half-thick dough without lumps at the same time with a tablespoon.
Step 3: form a pie of batter with potatoes.
Now we distribute the chopped potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared form and sprinkle it to taste with salt, as well as black pepper. Then we fill the vegetable with the finished dough and immediately proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 4: bake a pie of batter with potatoes.
We put the formed, but still raw cake in the oven preheated to the desired temperature and bake it 45-50 minutes. After this time, we check the preparedness of the flour products with a wooden skewer. We introduce its end into the middle of the already fragrant yummy and get it out, if there are wet lumps of dough left on the stick, stand the baking in the oven until baked.
Is the pie ready? If so, then we put on kitchen gloves in our hands, rearrange the form on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and allow the cake to cool slightly. Then with a clean knife we divide it into 6-8 pieces, using a kitchen spatula we distribute them in portions on plates and call the family to the table!
Step 5: serve the batter with potatoes.
Pie from batter with potatoes served in warm form or at room temperature. It is served in portions on plates as a full-fledged second course or as a great addition to lunch or breakfast, although savoring this yummy at mid-afternoon snack is also very pleasant. A salad of fresh vegetables, marinades, pickles and various sauces based on tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, cream, sour cream or milk can refresh such pastries, and it is pleasant to eat them with fresh hot or cold drinks, for example, tea, coffee, cocoa, compote or what you like more. Cook with love and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
- the simplest spices are indicated in the ingredients, but if desired, their set can be supplemented with any other spices, as well as dried herbs that are used during the preparation of fresh flour products or vegetables, for example, turmeric, all kinds of ground pepper, paprika, coriander, hops - they have sunk, and these are just a few of the possible options;
- if you are not confident in your oven and are worried that the potatoes will not bake, it is better to rub it on a coarse grater;
- an excellent substitute for kefir - sour cream, baking soda and table vinegar - a bag of baking powder for dough, and vegetable oil - melted butter;
- some housewives spread on a layer of raw potato a little chopped onion, finely chopped fresh herbs of dill, parsley, cilantro or basil, stewed minced meat, sliced sausages or canned fish mashed with a table fork;
- very often, 7-10 minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle the pie with hard cheese chopped on medium or large grater.