Oven ingredients for cooking beef with potatoes in the oven
- Beef 300-400 grams
- 3-4 potatoes
- Onions 1-2 pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 1-2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Potato
- World Cuisine
Heat-resistant baking sheet, kitchen knife, cutting board, baking foil, knife for cleaning vegetables, kitchen oven mitts, a meat hammer, disposable paper towels.
Cooking beef with potatoes in the oven:
Step 1: Prepare the beef.
We wash a piece of beef if we need to get rid of veins, films, excess fat and random bone fragments. Wipe the meat with disposable paper towels to wipe off excess moisture. We beat the beef with a hammer well, this will make it softer, if you skip this step, then some pieces will be simply impossible to chew. In the end, it remains only to cut a whole layer of meat into small slices.
Step 2: Prepare the potatoes.
We peel the potatoes, but not if you have young root vegetables, wash them well enough, wiping off pieces of the earth. Cut peeled and washed vegetables into thin slices. And in the same way as beef, we dry them with disposable paper towels.
Step 3: Prepare the onion.
Remove the husks from the bulbs by cutting off the excess tips. Having laid the vegetable on a cutting board, chop it in any way convenient for you. If you want to see large pieces of onions, then choose rings or half rings. If you prefer a small onion, crumble it into cubes, or just rub it.
Step 4: Cook the beef and potatoes in the oven.
Set the oven to warm up 180 degrees, and at this time form a dish. First of all, grease the baking sheet with vegetable oil, then lay the pieces of beef on its bottom, sprinkling them with salt, and also pepper to taste. Spread the onion evenly over the meat. And the last layer we have is the potato, it is also necessary to pepper and salt on top. Cover the baking sheet with baking foil, tightly fixing it at the edges. Send the dish to bake in the oven on 45-50 minutes. After this time, remove the baking sheet from the oven, remove the foil and proceed to serve the beef and potatoes to the dining table.
Step 5: Serve the beef and potatoes in the oven.
Serve the beef and potatoes hot, and if necessary, heat them up. You got a completely independent dish, so you don’t need any additional side dish, and instead of the sauce, use the liquid that has accumulated at the bottom of the baking sheet. In summer, you can decorate the dish with fresh dill, as well as green onions or arrows of garlic.
Enjoy your meal!
- Some recipes recommend baking potatoes with beef under a cheese crust.
- If you like fried potatoes, then during cooking, 10-15 minutes before the expiration of the specified time, remove the foil, since it just does not allow the formation of a golden crust, and prevents the burning of the dish.
- In addition to potatoes, you can bake other vegetables with meat, such as zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes.
- If you want your dish to be juicier, then you can coat the pieces of meat with mayonnaise, sauce or tomato paste on top.