Ingredients for making pumpkin and zucchini soup puree
- Zucchini 700 grams
- Pumpkin 700 grams
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Water 250-300 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cheese with mold (any) 50 grams
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Cream 10% 250 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Onion, Zucchini, Pumpkin, Garlic, Cheese, Cream
- Portion 5-6
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a table fork, a tablespoon, cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a hand blender, a stove, a non-stick pan with a lid (2 liter capacity), a silicone kitchen spatula, a soup ladle, a deep plate.
Cooking pumpkin and zucchini soup puree:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
As previously mentioned, such a soup can be your gorgeous dinner, but first, let's prepare the ingredients. We wash the squash with squash under the trickles of cold running water and dry them with paper kitchen towels. Then we divide the first using a sharp kitchen knife into 2 equal lengths, using a tablespoon, remove from each seed with sinewy fibers, remove the skin from the vegetable halves and cut its flesh into small slices 2 centimeters in size.
After that, cut the stalk of each zucchini, if desired, clear this vegetable from the skin and grind it in the same way as the previous ingredient.
Now remove the husks from the garlic and onions, rinse them in water, send them to a chopping board and chop them in turns into small cubes up to 5 millimeters in size.
Then we print out the package with cheese and shred it on a medium or small grater into a small plate, although you can simply chop it with a knife or knead it with a table fork. Then we lay out the remaining necessary products on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare mashed soup from pumpkin and zucchini.
We put on a medium fire a deep, preferably non-stick pan with a thick bottom and pour a little olive oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the chopped onion with garlic into the preheated fat and fry 2-3 minutes, constantly loosening with a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula.
As soon as they become soft and slightly transparent, put slices of pumpkin and zucchini into the pan. Pour these products with one hundred milliliters of purified water and simmer 25-30 minutes stirring. It’s not worth adding more liquid yet, during this process, the vegetables will let in enough juice, which will almost reach half their level.
When the zucchini and pumpkin become soft, grind them with a submersible blender to a uniform creamy consistency without removing the pan from the stove. Then add the remaining water, cream, crushed blue cheese to the resulting mixture and bring everything to a boil again.
After a few minutes, as soon as the vegetable puree begins to gurgle, reduce the heat to a minimum level. Then season the soup to taste with salt, black pepper and cook it 5-7 minutesor until the cheese is completely melted.
Next, turn off the stove, cover the pan with a lid and let the dish brew 7-10 minutes. Then with the help of a ladle, pour it on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve pumpkin and zucchini soup puree.
Pumpkin and zucchini soup puree is served hot as the first main course. It is served in portions in plates, optionally supplementing each with a small amount of cheese, fried bacon, cream, croutons or crackers. Also, this wonderful meal can be sprinkled with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or basil. Enjoy the masterpieces of French cuisine!
Enjoy your meal!
- onions with garlic can be fried separately, then combine with zucchini, as well as pumpkin in a pan and then cook the soup as described in the recipe;
- an alternative to onions - leek, shallots, Crimean sweet or green, and olive oil - creamy, it will give the finished dish a milder flavor;
- very often, instead of blue cheese, any solid or processed product of this type is used;
- the set of spices indicated in the recipe is considered an old, but not a fundamental classic, so calmly put any other spices, as well as herbs, which season the first hot dishes;
- sometimes potatoes are added to the fried onions and carrots, they are boiled immediately in three hundred milliliters of water for 10 minutes and only then they are stewed with the squash and pumpkin for the required time.