Ingredients for making kefir bagels
- Butter (softened) 200 grams
- Wheat flour 3.5 cups
- Kefir 1 cup
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Food baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Jam or thick jam 100 grams
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Icing sugar to taste and desire
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet (15 grams)
- Salt 1 pinch
- Main ingredients: Kefir, Butter, Flour
- Serving 8 servings
A tablespoon - 2-3 pieces, a teaspoon, a glass (capacity of 240 milliliters), a kitchen scale, a deep plate - 2 pieces, a table fork, a kitchen knife, a metal kitchen spatula, a sieve with a fine mesh, a deep bowl, an oven, a nonstick pan, baking paper, baking brush, kitchen potholders, kitchen spatula, large flat dish or other dessert utensils.
Cooking bagels on kefir:
Step 1: prepare the kefir.
First of all, about one hour before the start of cooking, we lay out all the necessary products on the countertop and let them warm to room temperature. After 60 minutes pour the right amount of kefir into a small but deep plate, pour a teaspoon of food baking powder there, mix them to a homogeneous consistency and let stand 2-3 minutesto react.
Step 2: prepare the kefir-oil mixture.
In the meantime, we print the package with the butter that has softened, cut it into small cubes and transfer it to a clean, deep bowl.
There we send a pinch of salt, a little vanilla sugar and grind these products with a table fork. Next, add kefir to them with a dissolved baking powder and shake everything until a homogeneous consistency.
Step 3: prepare the dough.
After that, using a sieve with a fine mesh, we begin to pour wheat flour into the resulting mass. We act slowly, spoon after spoon, while kneading the viscous dough with clean hands. Without stopping, we throw in the remaining flour and continue the process until the semi-finished flour product acquires a denser texture. High-quality dough should be plastic, pliable, soft and non-sticky. If it is viscous, it is worth adding a little more flour, since its amount directly depends on the variety and quality.
Step 4: prepare a baking sheet, oven and chicken egg.
Then turn on and preheat the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius. Then we cover several or one large non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of baking paper and with a special brush, grease it with a thin layer of vegetable oil.
Now we put the chicken egg in a small plate, beat it with a table fork until uniformly light splendor and proceed to the next step.
Step 5: we form bagels on kefir.
Sprinkle the tabletop with a thin layer of flour, spread the semi-finished flour product on it and divide it into two equal pieces with a kitchen spatula.
We take one of the parts of the dough, knock it into a ball, also crush it with flour and use a rolling pin, rolling it into a circle with an approximate diameter from 32 to 35 centimeters, and thick in 5 millimeters. Next, cut the resulting layer with a kitchen knife at 16-18 small equilateral triangles and spread on each slightly thick jam or jam (one teaspoon is enough).
After that, starting from the wide side, we turn each triangle into a small dense bagel. We distribute them in the form of crescents on a baking sheet prepared for baking at a small distance from each other, approximately 2 centimeters, and in the same way we sculpt the rest until the dough is over.
Step 6: bake bagels on kefir.
When all the bagels have been formed, put the baking sheet in the oven, heated to the desired temperature on the middle rack. We stand them there 20-25 minuteswithout opening, during this time the baking will reach full readiness. Then, using the kitchen tack, we rearrange the baking sheet on a chopping board, previously laid on the countertop, and give the browned dessert the opportunity to completely cool. Then we puff the chubby cookies with a kitchen spatula, move it onto a large flat dish, sprinkle with powdered sugar through a sieve and serve to the table.
Step 7: serve bagels on kefir.
Bagels on kefir after cooking completely cool. Then, if desired, sprinkle with icing sugar, pour over syrup, melted chocolate and serve on a dessert table to a sweet table with fresh hot or cold drinks, for example, tea, coffee, cocoa, juice, kefir, warm milk, yogurt or whatever you like . To their taste, they are somewhat reminiscent of half yeast, puff and sand baked goods, slightly crunchy on top, soft inside and quite crumbly. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of food baking powder, you can use one teaspoon of table soda;
- an alternative to jam or jam - fresh chopped fruits, a mixture of chopped nuts and condensed boiled milk, fresh berries sprinkled with sugar, marmalade or pieces of black or milk chocolate, and these are just a few of all the possible options;
- very often cinnamon is added to the dough on the tip of the knife, and vanilla sugar is replaced with a teaspoon of the liquid essence of this spice, and if this dessert is for holidays, for example, New Year or Christmas, you can put finely chopped dried fruits in the dough;
- if you overdone bagels in the oven and they become too dry, pack the baked goods in an airtight bag and leave it in it for 15-20 minutes, after this time it will become more tender and soft;
- in a beaten chicken egg, which will be used to lubricate bagels, you can add a tablespoon of milk, this baking will turn out to be more ruddy.