Salad Ingredients Beetroot with Walnuts
- Beets 3 pieces (medium)
- Garlic 2-3 prongs
- Walnut (peeled) 50 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Main Ingredients: Beets, Nuts
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Kitchen sponge, stove, deep pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), slotted spoon, deep bowl - 2 pieces, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, garlic press, grater, tablespoon, paper kitchen towels, plastic food film, refrigerator, salad bowl or portion plate.
Cooking Salad "Beets with Walnuts":
Step 1: prepare and cook beets.
So, we begin to prepare a vitamin nourishing salad with a bewitching aroma. First, with a soft kitchen sponge, wash the beets, do it carefully so that there is not a drop of earth or other dirt left. Then we transfer it to a deep pan, fill it with purified water 5-7 centimeters higher, put on medium heat and after boiling we cook under a covered lid 40-50 minutes. But time may vary depending on the variety and type of ingredient, the young vegetable on the stove will need to withstand less, and the old, respectively, longer. Periodically, it is worth checking the softness of beets with the teeth of a table fork, if they enter it smoothly, without pressure, it is ready. Using a slotted spoon, we move the burgundy fruits of nature into a deep bowl, put the dishes near the ajar window and cool its contents to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the nuts.
While the beets are cooling, we cover the countertop with a kitchen towel, pour peeled nuts on it and sort them out, removing any kind of rubbish. After that, we chop the kernels in any convenient way, for example, using a food processor, an electric or stationary meat grinder, in a mortar or the old fashioned way, just chop them on a cutting board with a sharp knife into small pieces.
Step 3: prepare the garlic and other ingredients.
Next, peel the cloves of garlic, rinse them in running water and dry with paper kitchen towels. Then we spread all the other necessary products on the countertop, as well as the spices that will be needed to prepare the salad, and proceed to the practically final step.
Step 4: prepare the salad "Beets with Walnuts".
With a clean knife, remove a thin layer of the skin from the beetroot, just scraping it off with a sharp edge, then wash this vegetable, dry it with paper towels and chop it on a fine or medium grater into a new deep bowl.
There, we squeeze peeled garlic cloves through a press and add chopped walnuts.
Season everything to taste with salt, black pepper, mayonnaise and a tablespoon, mix until smooth. Then we try the finished dish to taste, if necessary, add more spices, loosen it again, tighten the dishes with the salad with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to insist, it will only make it tastier.
Step 5: Serve the Beetroot and Walnuts Salad.
Salad "Beets with walnuts" is served at room temperature immediately after cooking, but often chilled. Serve it in a bowl specially designed for this purpose as an appetizer or side dish for any first or second hot dishes of meat, poultry, cereals, pasta and stewed, fried or baked vegetables. He does not need any additions, except that before we put it on the table, this miracle can be decorated with sprigs of fresh green dill, parsley or cilantro. Enjoy delicious, wholesome food and don't get sick!
Enjoy your meal!
- sometimes the mayonnaise is replaced with cream or sour cream, from this dish it turns out more saturated and satisfying;
- beets should be selected solid, rich dark red, without white and pink veins, only this one is suitable for the preparation of salads, and from the rest mainly cabbage soup or borsch;
- if you don’t like the sharpness of black pepper, take allspice, it is less burning, but very fragrant, or optionally do not put spices at all;
- Before buying and using nuts, it’s worth trying, the old ones can be bitter and too tart, which will adversely affect the taste of the finished dish;
- an alternative to garlic - shallots, plain white or red sweet;
- very often carrots are boiled and crushed on a small or medium grater, as well as soaked, dried and finely chopped dried fruits such as prunes, dried apricots, but you can add a little raisins to this type of salad.