Ingredients for Making Fish Soup
- River fish (carp, trout, roach or other) 1.5 kilograms
- Purified water - 2 liters to taste
- Potatoes 3-4 pieces (medium)
- Carrots 2-3 pieces (medium)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Dill 1 bunch (medium)
- Laurel leaf 2 pieces or to taste
- Allspice 4-6 pieces or to taste
- 4-6 black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Garlic 3-6 cloves or to taste
- Main Ingredients: Carp, Potato, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Fish scraper, paper kitchen towels, cutting board - 2 pieces, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, stove, deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), deep bowl - 2 pieces, garlic press, deep bowl, soup ladle, deep portioned plate.
Making fish soup from a river fish:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To prepare this delicious dish, any large river fish is suitable, and the larger it is, the more broth you get, in my case, carp is used. You will also need other important ingredients that we immediately spread on the countertop and immediately begin to prepare them. Using a metal scraper, we clean all the small fish from the scales, take turns opening the belly with a knife, removing all the insides from them and cutting off the fins. Then we thoroughly wash the carcasses under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and separate the tails and heads from which we immediately remove our eyes.
We send these parts of the river residents to a deep pan, fill them with the right amount of purified water and put on medium heat. We divide the carps' bodies into portioned pieces of the desired length with a thickness of 2.5 to 3 centimeters, move them into clean dishes and temporarily set aside.
Then, using a clean knife, remove the peel from the vegetables specified in the recipe. We wash them together with herbs, dry, put them on a new board and grind them one by one. We chop the potatoes in large cubes or slices up to 3 centimeters in size, move them into a deep bowl with cold water and leave them until use.
Carrots in rings, half rings, cubes, straws or slices up to 1 centimeter thick. Finely chop the greens, and onions either cut into 2-4 parts, or leave whole. Squeeze the garlic through a special press into a deep bowl and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: boil the river fish soup - stage one.
While we were preparing all the components of the dish, the water in the pan with heads and tails boiled. Season it to taste with salt and cook these parts of the carps for 20-25 minutes. Next, install a sieve with a fine mesh on a clean pan, filter the fish stock through it and put it on medium heat again. As soon as he starts bubbling again, we throw potatoes, carrots, onions in a hot aromatic liquid and cook them 15 minutes.
Step 3: boil the river fish soup - stage two.
When the vegetables are almost boiled, put in the pan all the spices indicated in the recipe, that is, a bay leaf, as well as two types of peppercorns, black and allspice. We give them the opportunity to dissolve their aroma within 5 minutes and lower portioned raw carp into the broth.
Reduce the heat to a moderate level, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the fish 30 minutes at a very weak boil, without stirring and periodically removing a white foam - curdled protein from the surface of the bubbling liquid with a slotted spoon. Next, season the ear to taste with salt, chopped herbs, stand on the stove for a couple more minutes and turn it off completely.
Step 4: prepare the lek.
Now remove the lid from the pan, scoop up a whole soup ladle of fish broth, fill it with garlic in the bowl and give it, in other things, like the finished ear, to insist Covered for 10-15 minutes. Only after that we distribute the cooked food in portions on deep plates and serve it along with the onion to the table.
Step 5: serve the ear of river fish.
River fish soup is served hot as the first main course for dinner. Together with her, they put on the table pialas with garlic onions, fresh fragrant bread, plates with greens, as well as sliced vegetables, marinades and pickles. Cook delicious food and enjoy life!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you are making fish soup from low-fat river fish, then cook the first broth not only from the heads and tails, but also add 500-600 grams of small peeled fish to them, and you can sort out the meat from under it, pass it twice through a meat grinder and prepare a paste, pie or other yummy;
- very often, 5-7 minutes before complete readiness, a glass of vodka or a couple of tablespoons of alcohol is added to this type of fish soup. This is done by those who are not very pleasant with the weak, but present scent of tina. Also, from this alcohol the dish becomes more transparent;
- sometimes instead of fresh dill, use dried or replace it with parsley or put two types of greens at the same time, and chicken broth can become an alternative to purified water;
- if you are not going to separately prepare leek for the ear, then, together with slices of chopped fish, add a whole unpeeled, but washed head of garlic to the broth, this ear will be more flavorful;
- the recipe contains a classic set of spices, but you can season the dish with others, for example, turmeric for color, red pepper for pungency or allspice for a more intense flavor.