Ingredients for Making Baby Fish Meatballs
- Not fatty fish (pure cod fillet) 300 grams
- Round grain rice (boiled until fully cooked) 5-6 tablespoons (100-120 grams)
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Wheat flour (sifted) 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil half a teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Cod, Onion, Rice
- World Cuisine
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a blender, a deep bowl, a double boiler, a deep plate, tweezers, a portion plate.
Cooking children's fish meatballs:
Step 1: prepare the fish fillet.
To prepare a wonderful children's lunch or dinner, we take fresh cod filet, rinse it thoroughly under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board, cut it into small pieces up to 3-4 centimeters in size and remove small bones from them with tweezers, If there are any.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Then, using the new kitchen knife, peel the onions, rinse it, dry it and cut it into small slices of the same size as fish on a clean board.
Step 3: grind the fish and onions.
Grind pieces of cod with onions in any convenient way, for example, twice using a stationary or electric meat grinder. You can also use a blender or a food processor, but in this case it is necessary to grind it carefully so that it does not turn out too thin gruel. It is better to first chop fish in one of these kitchen appliances, and then separate the onion, which then should be squeezed from excess juice.
Step 4: prepare the minced meat.
Then we send the crushed products into a deep bowl. There we put a raw chicken egg without shells, a little quite boiled round-grain rice, a couple of tablespoons of sifted wheat flour for viscosity and to taste salt, which is not worth it! We mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency, put the remaining necessary products on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 5: prepare the double boiler.
We take the instructions of the double boiler and read it very carefully. It will indicate how much water should be poured into the lowest compartment of the kitchen appliance. The recipe used a Brown brand machine, and meatballs were cooked quite quickly in it, so it was half filled with liquid, that is, to medium division. Lubricate the bottom of the remaining removable compartment with vegetable oil, although butter is also suitable.
Step 6: we form and prepare children's fish meatballs.
Now we wet the palm in ordinary running water, put one full teaspoon of rice-fish-onion mixture on it, form a small ball with a diameter of 2-2.5 centimeters and put it in the prepared compartment of the double boiler. In the same way we sculpt the remaining meatballs and distribute them at a small distance from each other, one centimeter of free space is enough.
We cover the still raw dish with a lid, insert the plug of the double boiler into the outlet and turn on the timer for 20-25 minutes. After the required time has elapsed, the kitchen appliance will turn off, notifying you of the corresponding ringing or beeping sound. We’re in no hurry to open it, let the steam come out. 5-7 minutes later carefully remove the still hot lid from the compartment, use a tablespoon to transfer the meatballs into a deep plate, allow them to cool down a little more, and only after that we try together with the baby.
Step 7: serve the children's fish meatballs.
Children's meatballs are served warm for lunch or dinner. They are served without a side dish, but if your child is over a year old, then you can supplement the portion of this yummy with homemade sour cream, not very fat cream, a few pieces of boiled carrots, potatoes, fresh cucumber or stewed zucchini. Enjoy delicious food with your baby and don't get sick!
Enjoy your meal!
- Round-grain rice for children from 8-9 months to a year is better to boil in a large amount of purified water so that it becomes completely soft, this process should be given about 20-22 minutes;
- not all meatballs can be cooked. To do this, you need to distribute the formed fish balls on a cutting board previously covered with cling film, cover them with another layer of polyethylene and put in the refrigerator’s freezer on the top shelf. When they become dense, that is, they completely freeze, it is better to transfer them into a bag and use as necessary:
- such meatballs can not only be cooked in a double boiler, conventional cooking in water or baking on parchment or baking paper in an oven at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes is suitable. But the latter option is preferable for children from one year of life, because the fish balls are not covered with a very thick, although dense crust, which is difficult for the baby to chew on with newly appeared teeth;
- do not add spices to the minced meat, they can cause allergies;
- Do not put rice more than indicated in the recipe, as the thin walls of the children's stomach are not yet able to absorb large amounts of dense food, which can lead to constipation. If your child is only 8-9 months old and you decide to introduce fish meatballs, then you can completely abandon any kind of cereals and just replace them with a slice of fresh white bread soaked in milk or cream, but, of course, it will not be meatballs, but meatballs;
- if desired, prepare minced meat from any fresh, boneless, low-fat fish, cleansed of skin, ridges, heads, as well as fins.