Ingredients for cooking fish casserole in a slow cooker
- Boneless fish fillet (frozen) 500-600 grams (halibut, hake, pollock or other fish)
- Hard cheese 100 grams or to taste
- Chicken egg 1-2 pieces
- Pasteurized whole milk 1/2 multi cups (80 milliliters)
- White bread (any grade) 1 slice (about 50 grams)
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Carrot 1 piece (medium)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Main IngredientsHake, Eggs, Milk, Cheese
- World Cuisine
Multi glass, multicooker, double boiler (from the multicooker), kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl - 2, plate, grater, electric or stationary meat grinder, silicone kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, large flat dish, portioned plate.
Cooking fish casserole in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the fish.
First, put the frozen fillet of any boneless fish in a small plastic bag, put it in a bowl of cold running water and let it stand until it thaws completely, approximately in 30 minutes ice will come off this ingredient.
Step 2: prepare the bread and cheese.
We don’t lose a minute, shred a piece of hard cheese on medium or large grater and transfer it to a small plate.
After that, take a slice of fresh or stale white bread, send it to a clean medium-sized dish, fill it with whole pasteurized milk and leave it on it 10-15 minutes either before use.
Step 3: prepare the vegetables.
Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel onions and carrots. We rinse them under trickles of running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns putting them on a cutting board and continue preparation. We chop the onion into cubes up to 1 centimeter in size, and chop the carrots on a medium or large grater and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: pass the onions with carrots.
We turn on the plug of the multicooker into the outlet, insert the teflon bowl into the notch and pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil into it. We set the “Baking” mode on the board of the kitchen appliance and after a minute we lower the onions and carrots into the heated fat. We pass them to softness, as well as a light golden crust, without covering and periodically stirring with a silicone or wooden kitchen spatula. This process will take approximately 5-7 minutes. As soon as the onions and carrots are browned, turn off the machine and transfer the fried vegetables into a deep bowl.
Step 5: prepare a fish-vegetable mixture.
When the fish fillet unfreezes, wash it, dry it, put it on a cutting board, cut into small pieces up to 2.5-3 centimeters in size and pass through a meat grinder with soaked white bread directly into a bowl with fried vegetables.
There we add raw chicken eggs, to taste salt, black pepper and mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency.
Step 6: prepare a fish casserole in a slow cooker.
Next, lay out the fish mass at the bottom of the multicooker bowl, re-lubricating it with oil is not worth it, there are quite a lot of it left after frying vegetables. We level the minced meat with a tablespoon in an even layer, close the kitchen appliance with a tight-fitting lid and reinstall it on the board Baking mode, but for 40 minutes.
In 10 minutes until the end of the program open the lid, sprinkle the casserole with grated cheese and cook the remaining time in covered form. After turning off the kitchen appliance, let the fragrant dish cool slightly. Then, very carefully, we lower the round miracle onto the double boiler from the multicooker, turn the bowl upside down, raise and carefully remove the casserole from it.
Using two kitchen shovels, we shift the appetizing dish to a large flat dish, divide it into portions, distribute them on plates and serve to the table.
Step 7: serve the fish casserole in a slow cooker.
Multicooker fish casserole - an excellent dinner or a great addition to lunch. After cooking, it is divided into portions, each placed on a separate plate, optionally garnished with fresh sprigs of herbs, for example, dill, parsley or cilantro and served hot or warm, like a main course. Also, such a light meal can be supplemented with a more complex side dish: mashed potatoes, rice risotto, fresh vegetable salad or pickles and pickles. Enjoy and have fun!
Enjoy your meal!
- thawed fish and softened bread can be ground using a conventional stationary blender;
- sometimes eggs are beaten with 50 milliliters of sour cream, as well as a tablespoon of flour, and only then mixed with minced fish and vegetables;
- the set of spices indicated in the recipe is considered classic, but if desired, it can be supplemented with any spices that are used during the preparation of fish dishes, for example, marjoram oregano, hyssop, thyme, fennel, savory or others;
- during cooking, use only a silicone or wooden kitchen spatula, so as not to damage the delicate Teflon coating of the bowl;
- this casserole is cooked in a pan cooker Panasonic 18 brand, with a bowl volume of 4.5 liters, a capacity of 670 watts, with a maximum temperature of the device in the Baking mode - 180 degrees Celsius.