Ingredients for Cooking Chicken Legs in Sauce
- Chicken legs 1.5 kilograms
- Vegetable oil 6 tablespoons
- Garlic 1 clove
- Walnut (peeled) 3 tablespoons
- Tomatoes 4-5 pieces (small)
- 1/2 parsley bunch
- Basil 2 sprigs
- Cream (liquid 33% fat) 100 milliliters
- Dry white wine 100 milliliters
- Laurel leaf 2 pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Tomato, Garlic, Chicken
- Portion 4-8
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup (capacity 200 milliliters) - 2 pieces, a kitchen knife - 3 pieces, a chopping board 2-3 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a bowl - 2-3 pieces, a stove, a kettle, a skimmer, a blender, a cauldron with a lid (capacity 3 liters ), wooden kitchen spatula, portioned plate.
Cooking chicken legs in sauce:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, we heat a full kettle of ordinary running water. While it boils, thoroughly wash the chicken legs, while using tweezers or a kitchen knife, removing feathers and thin hairs from their surface. Then we dry the parts of the bird with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and either leave our legs whole or divide each into a drumstick and thigh.
Step 2: prepare the tomatoes.
Then we wash the tomatoes using a clean knife, make a small cross-shaped incision on each, put them in a deep bowl, fill it with water from the teapot that has already boiled and blanch 30-40 seconds. After that, with the help of a slotted spoon, we send the tomatoes into a deep container with ice-cold liquid, completely cool, dry, remove the skin from these vegetables, put the pulp on a cutting dock, chop the slices and transfer them to a clean dish.
Step 3: prepare the nuts.
Then we pour the peeled walnuts onto the countertop, sort them out, while removing any kind of rubbish, and chop it in any convenient way, for example, chop it with a knife on a clean board or grind it into crumbs using a food processor or blender.
Step 4: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Now remove the husks from garlic. We wash it together with parsley, as well as fresh basil under the trickles of water and, in turn, grind into small pieces up to 5 millimeters in size. Then we spread the remaining products on the countertop, as well as the spices that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 5: saute the garlic and chicken.
When all the products have been prepared, put a small cauldron on the medium fire and pour the right amount of vegetable oil there. After a few minutes, dip the garlic in the preheated fat and fry it 25-30 seconds. Then we add the chicken legs there, season them with a bay leaf, to taste with salt, black ground pepper and cook 10-15 minutes until golden brown, periodically turning the kitchen spatula from side to side to get a better browning.
Step 6: bring the dish to full readiness.
After the necessary time, or when the surface of the chicken pieces becomes golden-beige, pour the wine into the cauldron and stew the meat 10 minutes without covering.
After that we put tomatoes and chopped nuts to it. Pour all the cream and mix thoroughly until a homogeneous consistency.
Next, reduce the fire to the smallest level, cover the cauldron with a lid and simmer the legs until fully cooked, if pieces large about 40-45 minuteson more small will leave from 20 to 35 minutes. Then we add the chopped basil, as well as parsley, mix everything again, stand on the stove for two minutes, turn off the heat, let the finished dish brew for 7-12 minutes and you can taste it!
Step 7: Serve the chicken legs in the sauce.
Chicken legs in sauce is a great and hearty meal that can be served both hot and cold as a main course. After cooking, the meat is slightly infused, then laid out in portions on plates, watered with aromatic sour-salty-spicy gravy and served with a light, unobtrusive side dish, for example, mashed potatoes, boiled rice, pasta, cereals from your favorite cereals, vegetable salads or pickles, marinades and with bread. Enjoy and enjoy delicious food!
Enjoy your meal!
- laurel leaf, salt and black pepper - standard spices, if you do not like them, use any that season dishes of meat or poultry, for example, soy sauce, savory, saffron, rosemary and others;
- an alternative to fresh tomatoes - canned in their own juice or a few tablespoons of tomato paste, although in the latter case, it is worth increasing the amount of liquid, for example, add another 150-200 milliliters of purified water;
- in the same way you can stew other parts of the chicken carcass: breast or wings, but do not forget that they have different cooking times;
- some housewives replace cream with sour cream, but in this case it is better to act carefully, very often this sour-milk product is folded, and rather unattractive white flakes are formed in the sauce.