Ingredients for making salad with crackers and sausage
- Smoked sausage 200 grams
- Tomatoes 300 grams
- Hard cheese 250 grams
- Rye crackers with bacon flavor 50 grams
- Green onions to taste and desire
- Mayonnaise 150 grams
- Paprika to taste and desire
- Main ingredients: Sausage and sausages, Tomato, Cheese
- Serving 6 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces, a cutting board - 2-3 pieces, a grater, paper kitchen towels, a fine mesh sieve, a deep bowl, a tablespoon, a serving plate or other utensils for serving.
Making a salad with crackers and sausage:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
This salad is called student’s, because it is quickly prepared, it turns out delicious and relatively inexpensive - it’s a wonderful dish for a romantic dinner or a festive table. So, first we remove the food or artificial shell from the smoked sausage, put a piece of meat sticks on a cutting board and chop it into small cubes or straws up to 5-6 millimeters thick.
Then we wash the tomatoes under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a new cutting board, using a clean knife, remove each place where the stalk was attached, and cut the remaining parts of the tomatoes in the same way as the previous ingredient, either in slices or quarters. We move them into a sieve with a fine mesh and leave them in the sink for 5-7 minutes or before use, so that excess juice is stacked from the vegetable.
Then we remove the paraffin crust from the hard cheese and grind it with squares or chop on a fine medium or large grater.
Then we print the package with rye crackers, pour them into a deep plate and separate the excess crumbs, they will not be needed. If the bread products are very large, for example, very long, then it is better to break them into several parts beforehand. After that, put mayonnaise on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare a salad with crackers and sausage.
We put in a deep bowl prepared sausage, crackers, hard cheese, tomatoes, optionally a little chopped green onion and season them with mayonnaise to taste. Very carefully mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency, so as not to mash the tomatoes, distribute the finished salad in portions on plates, decorate with greens if desired and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve a salad with crackers and sausage.
Salad with crackers and sausage is served at room temperature. It is laid out in portions on plates, decorated with sprigs of fresh dill, parsley or cilantro and served immediately so that the crackers do not have time to soften, because the gusto is crunchy. This yummy is considered a great appetizer, although so hearty that it is completely suitable for the second main lunch. Enjoy a simple, wholesome instant meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- the salad can be served in a salad bowl, small bowls or edible snack baskets made of puff or shortcrust pastry;
- some hostesses remove seeds from tomatoes, only after that leave chopped pulp of tomatoes in a colander to stack the juice, and then add pieces of this vegetable to the salad;
- in this dish I used only paprika from spices because the sausage and cheese are seasoned, but if you wish, you can add some salt and black or allspice ground pepper besides it;
- mayonnaise is better to choose moderately fat, because the salad turns out to be very satisfying, although sometimes it is simply replaced with sour cream or cream;
- an alternative to smoked sausage - ham, boiled with spices or chicken fried in butter;
- sometimes finely chopped hard-boiled chicken eggs, some canned corn, fresh or pickled cucumber, boiled rice, potatoes and fresh herbs are put in this dish. Each of these ingredients separately gives the salad a certain zest.