Ingredients for making ice cream at home
- Cream fat 10% 200 milliliters
- Cream with a fat content of 30% 300 milliliters
- 3 egg yolks
- Powdered sugar 80-100 grams
- Salt 1 pinch
- Potato starch 0.5 teaspoon
- Vanillin on the tip of a knife
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Cream, Sugar
- Serving 4 servings
Ice cream maker, teaspoon, kitchen knife, deep bowl for mixer, mixer, deep food container with lid, freezer, tablespoon, deep bowl for serving, special round ice cream spoon, kitchen paper towels
Preparation of ice cream at home:
Step 1: prepare the cream of Charlotte.
Pour the egg yolks, cream with 10% fat, and pour salt and 40 grams powdered sugar. Using a mixer, beat all the ingredients at high speed until a homogeneous, lush mass is formed. Immediately after this, pour the cream into the food container, close it tightly with a lid and put it in the freezer to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Important: all ingredients must be well-chilled, then the mass will quickly beat and will be magnificent.
Step 2: prepare the heavy cream.
Now pour into a deep bowl chilled (but not frozen) cream with a fat content of 30%. Attention: the container must be washed in advance under running warm water and wiped dry with kitchen paper towels. Pour the remaining powdered sugar here and, using the mixer, whisk the ingredients at minimum speed until a uniform, strong foam is formed. Important: if suddenly the mass is badly whipped, then you can add starch to it. Everything, the basis for ice cream is ready, therefore, without hesitation, we proceed to prepare the dessert.
Step 3: prepare ice cream at home.
For the preparation of ice cream it is not necessary to use an ice cream maker! In this option, we simply take the charlotte cream from the freezer and pour it into a deep bowl with whipped cream. At a low speed, beat the two mixtures with a mixer until smooth and immediately after that we transfer the ice cream with a tablespoon into a deep food container. Close the container tightly with a lid and put it back in the freezer to insist for 10 hours. After the allotted time, we take out the container and again whisk the mass until the consistency of the cream. Then once again we put ice cream in a cold place to insist the same time. That's it, our ice cream is ready!
For those who still have an ice cream maker, the process of making a dessert will be slightly different. After we mixed the fat cream and charlotte cream, put the mixture in a bowl of a chilled appliance, add vanilla on the tip of the knife, if desired, and whip the ice cream according to the instructions. Attention: this is very important, since each ice cream maker is different and may have its own nuances for making dessert. In the end, we should get a mass of dense creamy consistency. Immediately transfer it to the food container, close it tightly with a lid and put a minimum of infusion in the freezer for 3 hours. I usually make ice cream before bedtime, and in the morning I take out a container and once again beat the mass with a mixer at medium speed until the consistency of the cream.
Then again I put the ice cream in a cold place and let it brew a little more. In the evening, you can invite everyone to the dessert table to enjoy this unforgettably delicious ice cream.
Step 4: serve the ice cream at home.
We take out the finished ice cream from the freezer and use a special round spoon to transfer it from the container to a deep bowl. Attention: each time we wet the improvised equipment under a stream of cold water so that the balls of ice cream easily fall behind the surface.
If desired, pour dessert with jam, liquid chocolate glaze, condensed milk, sprinkle with chopped nuts and coconut. What a delicious ice cream is obtained, as per GOST. A real journey to childhood!
Bon appetit to all!
- instead of starch, you can use one bag of cream fixer, as it contains starch and powdered sugar and it binds the ingredients for ice cream very well;
- during the preparation of the ice cream you can add any fillers to the ice cream maker. For example, berry or fruit puree, dried fruits, chocolate, as well as additives that include alcohol. In the latter case, you need to add filler at the very end of the preparation of ice cream;
- for those who do not use an ice cream maker, this moment is very important: the temperature in the freezer should reach -20 ° C, it is also best to use the quick freeze mode. And, if you are not sure about your freezer, then it is better to play it safe and get ice cream through every 2-3 hours and beat with a mixer to a creamy consistency. This is necessary so that ice crystals do not form in the dessert.