Ingredients for Salad with Mushrooms and Cucumbers
- Champignons 350 grams
- Cucumber 1 piece
- Onion (red) 1 piece
- Sweet pepper (red) 1 piece
- Lettuce leaves 4-5 pieces
- Parsley 2-3 branches or to taste
- Lemon 1 piece
- Mustard (liquid without additives) to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Cucumber, Pepper, Mushrooms
- Portion 3-4
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl, bowl, plastic wrap or tight-fitting lid, manual juicer, tablespoon, whisk, bowl, refrigerator, salad bowl, or serving plate.
Cooking a salad with champignons and cucumbers:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Such a vitamin salad will bring some zest to the variety of first or second hot dishes. So, for starters, with a sharp kitchen knife, peel onions, grate sweet salad pepper from seeds, cut roots for each mushroom, remove peels from cucumbers, and thoroughly rinse everything with greens under trickles of cold running water. Then we dry these products with paper kitchen towels, take turns putting them on a cutting board and continue preparation. Champignons shred in layers, small cubes up to 1 centimeter in size or divide into 4-6 parts.
We chop lettuce leaves and parsley, the first with large straws, and the greens are just finely.
The form of slicing the remaining vegetables, that is, cucumber, onion and sweet pepper, does not matter much, it can be rings, half rings, slices, straws, cubes, or whatever you like more, but most importantly, the thickness of the slices does not exceed 5-6 millimeters . Then we put the rest of the necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare salad dressing.
In a medium-sized bowl, squeeze out juice from one small lemon using a manual juicer. If a little pulp of citrus gets in, it’s okay, you won’t spoil the dish with this. Then we put there liquid mustard without additives, vegetable, preferably refined oil, a little salt, and black pepper and slightly whisk everything with a whisk until a homogeneous consistency - the dressing is ready.
Step 3: bring the salad to full readiness.
Now put in a deep bowl chopped champignons, cucumber, red onion, sweet pepper, lettuce and parsley. Pour all the previously prepared dressing and mix thoroughly with a tablespoon until smooth. Tighten the bowl with the resulting dish with plastic wrap or cover with a tight-fitting lid and put in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Then we distribute the salad in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 4: serve salad with champignons and cucumbers.
Salad with mushrooms and cucumbers is a tasty inexpensive dish that, after cooking, is infused in the refrigerator for impregnation, and then served in dishes specially designed for this purpose as an appetizer along with the first or second hot dishes. Optionally, before serving, you can sprinkle it with finely chopped dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or chopped feta cheese or Parmesan cheese. Such a salad has a pleasant refreshing aftertaste and a divine aroma. Enjoy a healthy meal and don't get sick!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of lemon-oil dressing, you can use any other, for example, sour cream, mayonnaise with herbs or just cream;
- some hostesses fry chopped mushrooms in a small amount of vegetable oil for 4-5 minutes and only then put them in a salad;
- an alternative to freshly squeezed lemon juice - balsamic wine white or red vinegar, and red sweet onion - plain white or leek;
- very often canned sweet corn, beans in their own juice, green peas or red tomatoes are added to such a salad; each of these ingredients separately perfectly complements the finished dish.