Ingredients for the preparation of chanterelles in sour cream
- Chanterelles 1 kilogram
- Onions 3 pieces (medium)
- Sour cream 250 grams
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Onion, Mushrooms, Sour Cream
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Frying pan, wooden spatula, pan with a thick bottom, pan cover, tablespoon, deep plate, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper towel.
Cooking chanterelles in sour cream:
Step 1: Prepare the chanterelles and onions.Soak the chanterelles in a large plate with cool water so that all the dirt and small twigs move away from them. It will take about 15-20 minutes. Then remove the mushrooms, dry with a paper towel, cut off the dirt that could not be washed. Chop large chanterelles into pieces to make them easier to cook.
Peel the onion, rinse, cut off the roots and crumble in any way convenient for you.
Step 2: Cook the chanterelles in sour cream.
Put the chopped onion in a pan and fry with olive oil until it becomes transparent. Then add the chanterelles to it and continue cooking over high heat. Stir constantly until all the water has evaporated. On average, it takes about 10-12 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Now you need to transfer the fried mushrooms with onions from the pan to the pan with a thick bottom. Add sour cream and mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, close the lid and cook 20 minutes. After that, ready-made chanterelles in sour cream can be served!
Step 3: Serve the chanterelles in sour cream.
Serve the chanterelles in sour cream hot, to boiled potatoes, meat or rice. No extra sauce is usually required, just garnish with herbs.
Enjoy your meal!
- To give additional taste and aroma, you can add a couple of garlic cloves to the chanterelles.
- In many recipes, it is strongly recommended to use butter, not vegetable oil, for frying.
- If you do not have a suitable pan, initially use a pan with a thick bottom, but you may need to add a little water.
- Sour cream can be replaced with heavy cream.