Ingredients for cooking rice with vegetables in a slow cooker
- Rice 1 cup
- Purified water 2 cups
- Broccoli 100 grams
- Carrot 1 piece
- Onion 1 piece
- Sunflower oil 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients: Broccoli, Onion, Carrot, Rice
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Slow cooker, deep pan, kitchen knife, cutting board.
Cooking rice with vegetables in a slow cooker:
Step 1: Rinse the rice.
Put the rice in a deep pan, pour cold water, rinse, drain the water. Repeat these steps until the water becomes clear. So we wash off the gluten from the rice grains, so that when cooking it turns out friable.
Step 2: Prepare the vegetables.
Peel the carrots with a knife and wash under running water. Cut the carrots into four parts and chop finely.
Halve the onion and peel it. Cut off the ends and crumble. It is best to first make incisions along the fibers, and then cut across, so that the bulb falls apart less and is easier to cut at the end.
Rinse broccoli under running water and divide into inflorescences. Cutting into smaller pieces is unnecessary, they will not look so spectacular in a dish.
Step 3: Cook rice with vegetables in a slow cooker.
Pour onions and carrots onto the bottom of the multicooker slightly greased with vegetable oil, select the mode "Bakery products" and fry the vegetables until the onions are softer, more transparent and have a golden hue. After pouring rice and broccoli into the bowl, pour the indicated amount of water, salt and pepper to taste. Put the slow cooker into mode "Buckwheat", close the lid and do other things or just relax. After the program, ready-made rice with vegetables can be served.
Step 4: Serve rice with vegetables.
Rice with vegetables is great for serving as a side dish, but you can also use it as an independent dish. Add the sauce to your taste, greens, perhaps even garnish with a fresh tomato.
Enjoy your meal!
- Use for cooking rice with vegetables in a slow cooker and other vegetables, such as sweet peppers, green beans. You can also take a frozen vegetable mixture.
- For piquancy, add a couple of cloves of garlic or red hot pepper to the dish.
- Some recipes also suggest using tomato paste or chicken broth.
- Bay leaves and allspice will also suit this dish as seasonings, but do not forget to remove them after cooking.
- If your slow cooker does not have the Buckwheat mode, use the Extinguishing mode.