Ingredients for Cooking Boiled Chicken
- Broiler chicken (whole fresh carcass with skin) 1 piece (weight 1 kilogram 480 grams)
- Purified water 2, 5 liters
- Onions 1-2 pieces (large)
- Carrots 2-3 pieces (large)
- Celery 2-3 stems
- Garlic 1-2 cloves (large)
- Parsley (root) 2 pieces (medium)
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces
- Black pepper peas 4-5 pieces
- Allspice 4-5 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Chicken
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board, a stove, a teaspoon, a measuring cup for water, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 5 liters), slotted spoon, ladle, deep plate, cutting board, a large flat dish.
Cooking boiled chicken:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
So, if you wanted to cook this wonderful dish and you had all the right ingredients at hand, then you can start the process. First, pour the right amount of purified water into a deep pan and put it on a strong fire, let it boil. Meanwhile, we thoroughly wash the chicken, while using the kitchen knife or tweezers, plucking the remnants of feathers and hairs from its skin. Then we rid the carcass of all the insides, that is, the kidneys, heart, liver, lungs, stomach and excess fat, which is located near the tail.
Then, using a clean kitchen knife, peel carrots, onions, garlic and parsley root. We wash them with celery in cold water. If desired, cut each vegetable into 2-8 large parts, just crush the garlic cloves to crack, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the chicken.
When the water in the pan begins to boil, add salt to taste to it, ideally this 1 teaspoon per liter. Then we very carefully lower the chicken there and, after boiling again, reduce the fire to a level between the smallest and the average. Then, using a slotted spoon, take off from the surface of the liquid gray-white foam - curled protein.
We cover the pan with a lid so that a small gap remains, and cook the broiler bird for 30 minutes.
After this time, add prepared vegetables to the broth, that is, onions, carrots, celery, parsley root and garlic. We season everything with a leaf of laurel, two types of pepper peas, black and fragrant, as well as optional fresh or dried herbs, which are indicated in the ingredients.
Cover the chicken again and cook another 30 minutes. Then we check its readiness with a conventional kitchen knife. We make a small incision deep into the fleshy part of the carcass, for example, the thigh or breast, if a reddish liquid is released, hold the broiler on the stove 10-15 minutes, and if the transparent juice - the bird is ready!
Insist her in the broth at least 15-20 minutesby turning off the stove in advance. Then very carefully move it into a deep bowl, cover and let cool slightly. Then spread on a large flat dish and serve to the table, previously cut into portions.
Step 3: serve the boiled chicken.
Boiled chicken is an incredible yummy! After cooking, the bird is slightly cooled, laid out on a dish, cut into 8-12 portions and served as the second main hot dish. Serve it with any side dish, cereals from different cereals, pasta, boiled, baked, as well as fried vegetables, salads, marinades and pickles are suitable.
Also very often this miracle is put on the table along with a rich broth and fresh bread. Enjoy delicious, simple and wholesome food!
Enjoy your meal!
- some gourmets before using this dish prefer to remove the skin from the surface of the boiled chicken;
- domestic non-broiler chicken will cook for at least 2 hours, or even more, depending on the age and weight of the bird;
- vegetables that remain in the broth should not be thrown out! They can be used for cooking any other dishes. For example, chop carrots in a salad, and grind the roots together with butter and a piece of boiled meat or liver to a porridge-like homogeneous state, season the resulting mixture with spices, and a great paste will come out;
- many hostesses soak the chicken in normal running water for 1.5-2 hours before cooking. It is believed that a bird prepared in this way gets rid of most of the steroids and formalin, which it is often used in poultry farms;
- if desired, the chicken can be divided into portions and then cooked, in which case it will cook much faster, in about 40 minutes.