Ingredients for making minced meat casseroles
- Minced meat "Assorted" (fresh, pork and beef) 500 grams
- Hard cheese 250 grams
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Onions 2-3 pieces
- Mayonnaise 150 milliliters
- White vinegar 9% 100 milliliters
- Purified water 100 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Beef, Pork, Onion, Cheese
- Serving 6 servings
Kitchen scales, oven, non-stick baking dish, baking brush, kitchen knife, cutting board - 2 pieces, kitchen spatula, tablespoon, grater, measuring cup (for liquids), paper kitchen towels, bowl, deep bowl - 2 pieces, whisk , kitchen potholders, portion plate.
Making minced meat casseroles:
Step 1: prepare the onion.
First of all, preheat the oven up to 200 degrees and using a baking brush, grease a small non-stick baking dish with two tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onion, rinse it under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and chop it with a thin straw, half rings thick 3-4 millimeters either cubes in size up to 5-7 mm.
Step 2: pickle the onion.
Then we pour in the small bowl the right amount of purified water and nine percent vinegar. We move the sliced onion into the resulting, quite sharply smelling liquid, mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and set aside for 15 minutesso that the vegetable is marinated.
Step 3: prepare the egg-cheese mixture.
Meanwhile, we put the eggs in a clean deep bowl, trying to make it so that the shell does not get into it, and beat them with a whisk until lightly splendid. Then we add mayonnaise to them, to taste salt, black pepper and shred on a medium or fine grater a piece of hard cheese of any brand. Egg-cheese mixture is ready!
Step 4: prepare the minced meat.
Now we put fresh minced pork and beef assortment in another deep bowl. We beat it lightly with our palms so that the meat fibers dispersed and became softer. Then season it to taste with salt and black pepper. Not forgetting that these spices have already been used and now the main thing is not to overdo them.
Step 5: form the minced meat casserole.
When all the components are prepared, we proceed to the formation of the casserole. Spread a layer of minced meat stuffed with spices on the bottom of the mold, it is desirable that the thickness fluctuates from 1.5 to 2 centimetersbut no more. On top of it, we disband the pickled onions in an artistic mess, after shaking off excess vinegar liquid from it. Then we distribute the egg-cheese mixture to vegetables, it is advisable to do this with a hand dipped in water, since the spoon is simply uncomfortable, it sticks to pieces of the vegetable.
Step 6: bake minced meat casserole.
We put the formed casserole in the oven warmed up to the desired temperature and hold it there for 30-35 minutes. During this time, all layers will reach full readiness, and the surface of the product will be covered with a golden golden crust. Then we put on the kitchen gloves and rearrange the fragrant dishes on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop. Using a kitchen spatula, divide the casserole into portions, arrange them on plates and serve to the table as a second main dish.
Step 7: serve the minced meat casserole.
Minced meat casserole is a tasty, delicate and very aromatic dish with a golden brown crust, which is served hot as a second. After cooking, it is divided 4-6 servings, distribute them on plates, optionally decorate each with sprigs of dill, cilantro, green onions, parsley and supplement with sliced fresh vegetables, salads, marinades, pickles and, of course, bread. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- an alternative to mayonnaise - sour cream or heavy cream, and vegetable oil - 45-50 grams creamy;
- very often, 100 milliliters of whole pasteurized milk and a tablespoon of sifted wheat flour are added to the egg-cheese mixture;
- some housewives add finely grated carrots, a couple of garlic cloves squeezed through a press, slices of sweet salad pepper, canned peas or corn into the minced meat;
- on top on a layer of pickled onions, you can put mushrooms fried in a small amount of oil, for example, chanterelles, russula or ordinary mushrooms;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any that are used to season meat dishes: savory, coriander, all kinds of ground peppers or others;
- minced meat for a casserole needs natural, fresh, without adding water or any other liquid, only pure ground meat! If you are not sure about the finished product, it is better to chop fresh pork and beef yourself to get a high-quality semi-finished product;
- if you are not sure of the quality of your baking sheet and are afraid that the dish will burn, then it is better to cover it with a sheet of aluminum food foil.