Shrimp and Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- Shrimp 500 grams
- Cucumbers 3 pieces
- Fresh dill 50 grams
- Lemon 1/2 piece
- Mayonnaise 250 ml
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Cucumber
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep plate, salad bowl, cutting board, kitchen knife, tablespoon, citrus juice squeezer, paper towels, colander
Making shrimp and cucumber salad:
Step 1: Prepare the shrimp.
Take a package of peeled shrimp and thaw, leaving them for some time in cold water. Remove the shrimp from the packaging, put them in a colander and rinse with running cold water, let the excess water drain and dry with a towel.
Pour the shrimp into a deep plate, squeeze the juice of half a lemon on top of them. Stir and leave to marinate on 15-20 minutes in fridge.
Step 2: Prepare the cucumbers.Rinse the cucumbers, cut off the tips on both sides. Please note that vegetables should be washed thoroughly, since pesticides and fertilizers may remain on their skin. Try it, check if the skin is bitter, if there is bitterness, peel the vegetables. Cut the clean cucumbers into medium slices.
Step 3: Prepare the greens.Fill the dill in a colander and rinse off excess dirt. Remove yellowed or sluggish leaves. Lay greens on a chopping board and chop finely. Dill should be very small, do not leave thick stems.
Step 4: Mix the salad.Drain the lemon juice from the shrimp and put them in a salad bowl, add chopped cucumbers, dill and mayonnaise there. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir the salad and refrigerate it on 5-10 minutes. During this time, all the ingredients are soaked in each other's juice and the salad can be served.
Step 5: Serve the shrimp and cucumber salad.
Place the chilled salad in portions in plates specially designed for this. It is best to decorate the salad with a slice of lemon and greens. A refreshing salad with shrimps and cucumbers is ready, enjoy this low-calorie and delicious dish.
Enjoy your meal!
- When choosing cucumbers, pay attention to their skin, it should be smooth, without wrinkles or dark spots.
- When choosing dill, give preference to a product with a bright aroma.
- Frozen shrimp should be evenly glazed, do not take the package if it has clods of snow or large ice caps.
- For more flavor, add a little dill to the shrimp marinated in lemon juice.
- To make this salad more satisfying and more caloric, add coarsely chopped avocado to it.