Ingredients for Salad with Squid and Caviar
- Freshly frozen king prawns 300 grams
- Canned squids 240 grams (1 can)
- 5 eggs
- Red caviar 140 grams (1 can)
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Bay leaf to taste
- Allspice peas to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Squid, Caviar
- Serving 5 servings
Medium saucepan, cooker, cutting board, kitchen knife, can opener, kitchen potholders, fine grater, plate - 4 pieces, a large pan with a lid, a colander, a tablespoon, a salad bowl or a special deep dish for serving
Salad with calamari and caviar:
Step 1: prepare the chicken eggs.
First of all, lay the eggs in a medium pan and fill with ordinary cold water so that it completely covers the components. Now put the container on a big fire and wait for the liquid to boil. Then we fasten the burner and cook hard-boiled eggs for 10 minutes.
After the allotted time, we turn off the burner, and put the pan with the help of kitchen tacks in the sink under a stream of cold water.
When the components are completely cooled, remove them and peel them with clean hands. We lay the eggs on a cutting board and, using a knife, cut in half. Gently remove the yolk from each piece and leave it aside for a while.
Using a fine grater, grind the egg whites directly above a clean flat plate.
We perform the same procedure with the yolks, only over another free capacity.
Step 2: prepare the shrimp.
In a large pot, pour ordinary cold water from the tap and put on medium heat. To make the liquid boil faster, cover the container with a lid. Immediately after that, add salt to taste and mix everything well with a tablespoon. Now put a few bay leaves and allspice peas in a pan, and gently pour the shrimp. Attention: since our seafood is freshly frozen, we are waiting for the water to boil again. Then cook the components for 3-4 minutes until they change color from gray to hot pink or carrot. Now turn off the burner, and the contents of the pan, holding the container with kitchen tacks, pour into the sink through a colander. We leave the shrimps aside so that they cool to room temperature and excess liquid from them.
At the end, put the seafood on a cutting board, clean it from the shell with clean hands, and use the knife to remove the intestinal vein, which is located on the back. Prepared shrimp we move in a clean plate and move on to the next ingredient.
Step 3: prepare canned squid.
Using a can opener, open a can of squid. Now gently drain the liquid in which they were stored, and put the seafood on a cutting board. Using a knife, grind the components in strips or slices and transfer to a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the red caviar.
Using the same can opener, open the can of red caviar and leave it alone for now.
Step 5: prepare a salad with calamari and caviar.
All ingredients are ready, so you can move on to the process of forming a salad. Since the dish will be multilayered with us, you should adhere to the following sequence: crushed squids, egg yolks, a thin net of mayonnaise, boiled shrimp, egg whites, again a layer of sauce and red caviar at the end.
Each layer should be tamped with a tablespoon so that the salad holds the shape, except the last, otherwise we can ruin the structure of the final ingredient.
Immediately after cooking, the dish can be served at the dinner table in a salad bowl or in a special deep plate.
Step 6: serve the salad with calamari and caviar.
Ready salad with calamari and caviar is served at the dinner table as the main course. This is all because he is quite satisfying! The only things you can add are slices of bread or cheese sticks. Help yourself, because the salad turns out to be truly delicious and very delicious!
- before serving, the salad can be decorated with finely chopped fresh herbs of parsley or dill. In addition, put large pitted olives on top, and divide the boiled shrimps in half and place one part in the middle of the salad, and the second next to the olives;
- Instead of canned squid, you can use fresh ones. To do this, pre-clean them from the chitin plate, skins and viscera. Thoroughly wash the seafood under running warm water and at the same time heat the water in a saucepan. When the liquid is ready, add it, carefully mix with a tablespoon and spread the squid carcasses here. We boil the components for 3 minutes and then get it out using a slotted spoon. When the seafood has cooled, chop them into thin strips and add to the salad;
- if desired, the salad can be seasoned with various spices. For example, it can be a mixture of ground peppers, as well as paprika;
- for the preparation of salad, it is best to use mayonnaise with an average percentage of fat content (40-50%).