Ingredients for making liver salad with oranges
- Arugula Salad (rocket, white mustard, trackman, arugula, two-cored, indau) 350 grams
- Chicken liver 500 grams
- Orange 2-3 pieces
- Tomatoes 2-3 pieces
- Red onion (sweet) 1 piece
- Butter 50-60 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredientsLiver, Onion, Tomato, Orange
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 3 pieces, a cutting board - 3 pieces, a deep plate - 5 pieces, a large flat dish, paper kitchen towels, a kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, a stove, a frying pan, and a serving plate.
Making a liver salad with oranges:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the sweet onion and rinse it with other vegetables, salad leaves, and citruses under trickles of cold running water. After that, we dry everything with paper kitchen towels, take turns putting it on a cutting board and continue preparation. Arugula distributed evenly on a large flat dish, in which we will serve the salad, and give the green miracle the opportunity to dry out a little more.
We carefully peel the oranges so that they do not leave a white peel, it contains bitter oils. Then we disassemble the flesh into slices and rid them of the intermediate membrane - a thin film enveloping each slice of citrus.
In tomatoes, remove the place on which the stalk was attached, and cut each into 6-8 parts.
We shred the beam in half rings with a thickness of 4-5 millimeters.
Then we thoroughly wash the chicken liver, at the same time eliminating it from the film, veins and gall bladder, if any.
Then we divide each into 2 halves and send them to clean dishes. We lay out all the slices in separate bowls, put on the countertop the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: fry the liver and onions.
Put a piece of butter in a pan and melt it over medium heat.
When the fat is very hot, we send pieces of the liver into it.
Season them to taste with salt, black pepper and fry on all sides to a light golden crust, as well as ready, not forgetting to stir with a wooden kitchen spatula so that the tidbits do not burn.
This process will take approximately 10-12 minutes.
As soon as the liver is browned, transfer it to a clean deep plate.
Reduce the fire under the pan to a minimum and put chopped sweet onions there.
Constantly stirring, fry it until soft and tender beige crust. Then we again throw pieces of the liver to the vegetable, cook them together for a couple more minutes and remove from the stove.
Step 3: bring the salad to full readiness.
Now spread the tomato slices on the leaves of the arugula.
Further pieces of oranges.
From above, we distribute the fried liver with onions in an art mess, pour the finished salad with the melted butter remaining in the pan and serve it to the table.
Step 4: serve the liver salad with oranges.
Liver salad with oranges is delicious both warm and cold. It is served on a large flat dish or in portions on plates. This dish can completely replace the second main dish or be a great addition to lunch and dinner. The taste of this miracle is quite piquant, with a delicate sweet and sour note and a spicy aroma. Hearty, healthy, inexpensive and fast! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of chicken liver, you can take beef or pork, but before that you need to remove a thick film from them, cut into small portions 1 cm thick and fry for 15-17 minutes in butter until completely cooked, but so that the slices become soft gentle and not dry;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any spices, as well as dried herbs, which complement meat dishes, for example, oregano, savory, a mixture of ground peppers and others;
- an alternative to butter - vegetable;
- very often, mandarin slices, kiwi slices, canned corn, salad pepper or green peas, previously blanched in salted water, are added to the above set of products;
- Arugula salad can be replaced with any other, it all depends on personal preferences.