Ingredients for Cooking Condensed Custard
- Sifted wheat flour 4 tablespoons
- Butter 76% fat (softened) 200 grams (1 pack)
- Sugar 1 cup
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet (15 grams)
- Boiled condensed milk (Toffee) 1/2 can
- Main Ingredients: Milk, Butter, Flour, Sugar, Condensed Milk
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A glass (capacity of 250 milliliters), a tablespoon, a kitchen knife, a cast-iron cauldron, a whisk, a measuring cup (for milk), a stove, and a kitchen towel.
Cooking custard with condensed milk:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, we print out the package with oil, using a sharp kitchen knife, cut it into small cubes and leave them at room temperature to melt. In the meantime, take a small cast-iron cauldron and pour the right amount of whole pasteurized milk into it.
Pour sugar into it.
Then add 4 tablespoons of sifted wheat flour.
We mix these ingredients with a whisk until smooth, trying to make sure that there are no lumps, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the custard.
We put the cauldron on medium heat and cook the usual custard until thickened.
Although the dishes are made of cast iron and shouldn’t pester anything at the bottom, it’s better to constantly shake up the prepared dessert with a whisk, so as not to stray with cereal.
As soon as the consistency of the cream acquires the desired structure, resembling a semi-thick gruel, with a kitchen towel, we rearrange it on the countertop and cool to a warm state.
Step 3: prepare custard with condensed milk.
When the mixture in the cauldron becomes just warm, add butter, vanilla sugar and condensed milk to it.
We drive everything to pomp at high speed, using a conventional whisk, a blender with the same nozzle, or a mixer.
Further actions depend on the purpose for which this fragrant miracle was prepared. If for impregnating or filling sweet flour products, then it is better to apply the resulting mixture immediately, and if you are going to cook any liquid dessert, then it is better to put the cream in the refrigerator 20-30 minutes.
Step 4: serve custard with condensed milk.
Custard with condensed milk is used in warm or chilled form. The first option is suitable for the impregnation of cakes, cakes, rolls, and the second - for filling wafer rolls, eclairs or as an addition to berry or fruit mousses. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- the amount of condensed milk can be varied to taste, from 2 tablespoons to 200 grams, the saturation, taste, density and color of the finished dessert will depend on this;
- for cooking cream, it is better to use boiled condensed milk, it helps to keep in shape, especially if you need to decorate the cake with the resulting product;
- the density of an ordinary custard depends on the amount of flour, that is, “the more, the thicker”, but it’s also not worth putting a lot, otherwise the mixture will resemble semolina porridge that has gotten into lumps;
- an alternative to flour is potato starch, only before that it must be diluted in a small amount of milk and filtered through a sieve with a fine mesh so that it does not get flocculent during cooking;
- custard is preferably stored in the refrigerator in a clean, hermetically sealed glass dish for no more than 3-4 days, after which it loses its taste and begins to delaminate;
- Very often, vanilla sugar is replaced with pure vanilla on the tip of a knife or a liquid extract of this spice.