Ingredients for preparing horseradish snacks for the winter
- Fresh tomatoes 1 kilogram
- Garlic 100 grams
- Horseradish root 300 grams
- Vegetable oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Tomato, Horseradish, Garlic
- Serving 7 servings
- World Cuisine
Glass half-liter cans - 3 pieces, twisting metal lids for cans - 3 pieces, a cloth towel, kitchen tongs, middle bowl, cutting board, kitchen knife, plate - 2 pieces, a peeler, kitchen sponge, dishwashing detergent, blender, a tablespoon, a large deep bowl, a scoop, a refrigerator, a serving bowl, kitchen paper towels, a large pot, a stove
Cooking horseradish snacks for the winter:
Step 1: .
We spread the garlic on a cutting board and, using a knife, we separate the cloves from the head. Then lightly crush the component with the tip of the inventory and peel off. We rinse the cloves under running water and put it on a clean plate.
Horseradish root is thoroughly washed under running water, wiped with kitchen paper towels and spread on a cutting board. Using a peeler, remove the peel from the component and then cut into medium pieces. The crushed horseradish is moved to a free plate.
We carefully wash the tomatoes under running water and put them on a cutting board. Using a knife, remove the place to which the tail was attached. Now we cut the components into four parts and transfer them to the middle bowl.
Before preserving a horseradish snack, we need to sterilize the jars with lids, so that the sauce is not sour. Therefore, the first thing is to thoroughly rinse everything under running warm water, using a kitchen sponge and detergent. Important: we process the cans until they begin to creak, unless wet fingers are drawn along the inner walls. This will be a sign that we have completely washed off the detergent, and now in the sauce there will be no extraneous odors and tastes.
Immediately after, put the cans with lids in a large pan and fill it with ordinary cold tap water so that the liquid completely covers the contents. We put the container on medium heat. As soon as the water in the pan boils, reduce the heat to the maximum and boil the jars with lids for 7-10 minutes. After the allotted time, turn off the burner, and carefully transfer the contents to a clean cloth towel, which we cover the kitchen table in advance. Important: we put the banks upside down so that they gradually cool down and no dirt gets into them.
Step 5: prepare a horseradish snack for the winter.
In a blender bowl, spread portions of tomatoes, pieces of horseradish and garlic. Using the turbo mode, we grind all the ingredients until a homogeneous mass is obtained from them.
When the mixture is ready, pour it into a large deep bowl. Add salt to taste here. Now, using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly and try. If the horseradish appetizer seems to you not enough spicy or salty, then add a little more salt and garlic to it. We crush the last component separately in a blender and only then pour it into a bowl. Once again, mix everything well and proceed to the final stage of sauce preparation.
Using a scoop, pour the appetizer into sterilized glass jars and tightly close the lids. Important: so that the mass does not sour, we cover its surface with one centimeter of vegetable oil. Now we put the containers in the refrigerator and let it brew for a day.
Step 6: serve horseradish snack for the winter.
When the horseradish snack is infused, we take it out of the refrigerator and transfer it from the can to a deep bowl. We serve sauce to the dining table with fried potatoes, bread, various types of meat dishes, as well as jellied meat, saltisone and various other foods that you enjoyed with this unforgettable spicy snack!
- due to the fact that horseradish appetizer is prepared without heat treatment, it retains much more nutrients and vitamins than other sauces. The only thing to protect yourself from souring the dish is better to cover it with a thin layer of vegetable oil. In the event that you do not want to wait for winter, but want to enjoy a snack now, you can do without fat;
- in addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can also add dried basil, oregano, ground coriander, tarragon, as well as a mixture of peppers to your taste to your taste;
- if you like dishes with a twinkle, then in addition to horseradish and garlic, you can add a couple of pods of small chili peppers to the sauce;
- if you didn’t find a blender at hand, do not be discouraged, because a meat grinder will come to your aid instead. In this case, use this kitchen appliance only with a fine wire rack and be sure to put on a plastic food bag at the end. To do this, you need to tie a bag on a bow. This method will protect you from getting juice in your eyes and burning your hands.