Ingredients for Salad with Squid and Egg
- The peeled squid frozen 500 grams
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- Sugar 1 pinch
- Main ingredients: Squids, Eggs
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
A tablespoon, a cutting board, a kitchen knife, a small pan, a stove, a plate - 2 pieces, a middle bowl, kitchen potholders, a deep bowl, a middle pan with a lid, colander, slotted spoon, salad bowl
Salad with squid and egg:
Step 1: prepare the squid.
Put the squids in a medium bowl and leave them aside for a while, so that they melt and become room temperature. Attention: Never place seafood in the microwave or under running hot water.
Then thoroughly rinse the component from all sides under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, if necessary, clean the squid from the film.
Meanwhile, we pour ordinary cold water into a medium pan and put it on a big fire. To make the liquid boil faster, cover the container with a lid. Immediately after that, add a pinch of salt to the pan, mix everything thoroughly with a tablespoon and reduce the heat. Gently spread the squid carcasses here and wait for the water to boil again. As soon as this happens, we detect 1-2 minutes, cover the pan with a lid and cook the component. Important: cooking seafood longer is not recommended, especially frozen, as they can become rubber and ruin the taste of the dish. After the allotted time, using the slotted spoon, we take the squids out of the container and put them in a colander. Leave them for a while on the side to cool to room temperature.
Now we spread the carcasses on a cutting board and grind it using a knife with straws. Finely chopped squids in a clean (most importantly dry) medium bowl and proceed to the preparation of the next ingredient.
Step 2: prepare the eggs.
We lay the chicken eggs in a small pan, fill it with ordinary cold water so that the liquid completely covers the components, and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container boil, we detect 10 minutes. We need to boil hard-boiled eggs.
After the allotted time, we turn off the burner, and put the pan with the help of kitchen tacks in the sink under a stream of cold water. When the component has completely cooled down, clean it from the shell with clean hands and put it on a cutting board.
Using a knife, grind the eggs into cubes and pour them into a clean plate.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. Then put the component on a cutting board and cut it into four parts. Grind each piece across thin strips and pour into a free plate.
Step 4: pickle the onion.
Pour table vinegar into a deep bowl, pour a pinch of sugar and salt and mix everything well with a spoon. Then put the chopped onion here and pour everything with ordinary cold water so that the liquid completely covers the component. Attention: if desired, you can once again mix everything well with improvised equipment. Leave the onion to marinate for 20-30 minutesso that all bitterness and excess sharpness come out of it.
Step 5: prepare a salad with squid and egg.
In a bowl with squid, spread the chopped eggs, pour salt and black pepper to taste, and pour the mayonnaise. Onions with clean hands wring out the marinade and also add to the total capacity. Now, using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. In the end, try the salad again and add salt and black pepper as needed.
Step 6: serve the squid and egg salad.
Put the finished salad with squid and egg into a salad bowl and serve it with the sliced bread to the dinner table. What a tasty and nourishing this dish is! If you remember, our grandmothers also prepared it for the holidays. It's time to eat and remember the beautiful distant childhood!
Bon appetit to all!
- to cook defrosted squids, it is not necessary to use a stove. A microwave is also suitable for this. Just put the seafood in a special bowl, sprinkle with vegetable refined oil, set the maximum temperature and cook the component for 1 minute;
- In order not to spoil the taste of the salad, it is very important to add fresh high-quality squids to it. If you use frozen seafood, pay attention to their appearance. By color, they should be pale cream or beige, without any darkening and spots on the carcasses, as well as covered with a uniform layer of frost. If you see that squids in any place have slightly melted, this means that they have previously been thawed and may be spoiled;
- Instead of onions, you can add green to the salad. In this embodiment, it does not need to be pickled, but just chopped with a knife;
- before serving, the salad can be decorated with a sprig of parsley or dill, and also put the dish on a salad leaf;
- For salad dressing, you can use fat sour cream. In the first classic version, try adding mayonnaise with a high percentage of fat content, for example, 67% to the dish.