Chicken and Cheddar Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
- Chicken fillet 1 piece
- Onion 1 piece
- Cheddar cheese (white or yellow) 100 grams
- Tomato paste 100 grams
- Tortilla 2 pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Chicken, Cheese
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineMexican Cuisine
A tablespoon, a kitchen knife - 3 pieces, a cutting board - 3 pieces, a stove, a deep bowl, a deep plate - 2 pieces, a Teflon frying pan, a grater, a kitchen spatula - 2-3 pieces, a plate.
Cooking quesadillas with chicken and cheddar:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, we wash the chicken fillet under streams of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and cut a film of cartilage from the meat with a sharp kitchen knife. Then we cut it into small cubes or cubes with a thickness of not more than 1 centimeter and transfer them to a deep plate.
Next, using a clean knife, peel the onion, rinse it, dry it and chop it on a new board with cubes up to 7-8 millimeters or with half rings or quarters with the same thickness.
We remove the packaging from the cheddar cheese and chop it on a fine, medium or large grater directly into a clean deep dish. After that, we send the rest of the products that will be needed to prepare the dish to the countertop, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: fry the onions.
We put the pan on medium heat and pour a tablespoon of olive oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the chopped onion into the preheated fat and fry it until soft, as well as a delicate golden color, constantly stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. As soon as the vegetable is browned, transfer it to a deep bowl.
Step 3: fry the chicken.
We add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and allow it to heat up. After about a minute, we put the fillet pieces there and simmer them until the moisture evaporates completely.
When almost all the juice comes out of the meat, fry it until light blush for 2-3 minutes. Then season the fillet with tomato paste, to taste with salt and black pepper. Mix everything to a homogeneous consistency, keep on medium heat for another 30-40 seconds and shift in a bowl to the onion.
Step 4: bring the dishes to full readiness.
Now we put on the medium fire a washed dry frying pan, heat it and spread one tortilla on the middle of the hot dishes. Sprinkle it on top with half crushed cheese.
On top of it we spread a layer of chicken mixed with fried onions, crush everything with another portion of cheddar and cover with a second Mexican flour pancake.
Cooking Quesadillas 2-3 minutes. Then with the help of two kitchen blades we turn the resulting product on the other side and fry it for another 1-2 minutes.
After that we transfer the aromatic dish to the cutting board and cut it into 2, 4 or 6 equal parts with a special round knife. We distribute them in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve quesadillas with chicken and cheddar.
Quesadilla with chicken and cheddar served hot as a main course or appetizer. After cooking, a “sandwich” of sticky flat cakes is cut into portions, laid out on plates and served on the table with sauces based on yogurt and greens, sour cream, cream, tomatoes, mayonnaise or vegetables or fruits, it all depends on the taste. Also very often with this yummy they put on the table a salad of fresh vegetables or pickles with pickles. Enjoy an exotic simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of cheddar cheese, you can use gouda, parmesan or other types of hard as well as semi-hard varieties;
- some Mexican hostesses fry flat cakes on a small amount of butter so that the dish acquires a light ruddy and crispy crust;
- if desired, this dish can be prepared from one tortilla, just lay it on a preheated pan, lay the filling in layers on one side and when the flour pancake warms up, bend it in half so that a crescent moon turns out. Press the product lightly with a spatula and wait a minute until two layers of cheese stick together. Then shift the quesadilla to the other side, brown and enjoy;
- salt and black pepper - this is a classic version of spices, if desired, you can season the filling with any others that are used during the preparation of dishes from poultry or meat;
- sometimes the chicken is boiled, then lightly fried, disassembled into fibers and only then combined with other ingredients intended for the filling;
- very often, instead of tomato paste, fresh blanched tomatoes without skin are used. They are cut into small cubes and stewed with onions, and very often with salad bell peppers. Then combine with the browned pieces of chicken and continue cooking as indicated in the recipe.