Ingredients for cooking chicken in a slow cooker
- Broiler chicken (fresh) 1 medium piece (weight 1 kilogram 400 grams)
- Garlic 7-8 cloves
- Sour cream 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- A mixture of ground peppers (red, white, pink, green, black, allspice) to taste
- Mix of spices for chicken (paprika, cumin, coriander, fennel, nutmeg, cloves, fenugreek, cayenne pepper, oregano) to taste
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Chicken, Sour Cream
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a deep bowl, food-grade aluminum foil, a crock-pot, a kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, a large flat dish, a plate.
Cooking chicken in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the chicken - stage one.
First of all, we thoroughly wash the chicken under trickles of cold running water, while using the kitchen knife or tweezers, removing the remains of feathers and hairs from the skin. Then we rid it of all the insides: kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, stomach and excess fat, which is always available near the tail. Since the broiler bird, it requires more thorough preparation, we transfer it to a deep bowl and fill it with water so that it is completely covered with liquid. Soak the carcass for one to two hours, thus getting rid of most of the steroids and formalin, which generously processed the chicken from the poultry farm.
Step 2: prepare a slow cooker and the rest of the ingredients.
In the meantime, we take a regular aluminum food foil, roll 4 solid, dense balls the size of a small apple, and put them in the middle of a clean multicooker bowl. These silver kruglyashi will preserve the crust of the baked bird, very often sticking to the bottom of the kitchen appliance, and moreover, the chicken will even be easier to turn over.
Next, using a clean knife, peel the garlic, squeeze its cloves through a special press directly into a small bowl and send the rest of the products that will be needed to prepare the dish to the countertop.
Step 3: prepare the chicken - stage two.
A few hours later, when the bird is infused, we rinse it again and dry it with paper kitchen towels. Then we rub it inside and out to taste with salt, as well as garlic. Then grease with sour cream, sprinkle to taste with a mixture of ground peppers and spices for chicken. Gently place the carcass with the breast down in the multicooker bowl directly on the foil balls and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: cook the chicken in a slow cooker.
We insert the plug of the kitchen appliance into the socket, close the chicken cloth with an adjacent lid and turn on the mode Baking for 60 minutes. After this time, the machine will stop working, notifying about it with a characteristic sound.
Using two kitchen shovels, turn the bird over onto the back, put it on the foil balls slightly wrapped in grease, close the lid again and turn on the same mode, but this time for 30 minutes. When the multicooker announces the end of cooking again, let the appetizing dish stand still warm 10-12 minutes. Then gently transfer the chicken to a cutting board or a large flat dish, divide it with a knife into portions and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the chicken in a slow cooker.
A chicken in a slow cooker is served hot as a second main course. After cooking, it is served on a dish or in portions on plates, along with a light, low-fat side dish, such as boiled or steam rice, jacket potatoes, mashed potatoes, cereals of any cereals, pasta and salads. To taste, it is no different from cooked in the oven. Is that the meat of such a bird is more tender, and the crust is soft, but golden. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- at the bottom of the multicooker bowl there will be quite a lot of fat and chicken juice, they should not be poured out, it is better to prepare the sauce from the aromatic mixture or use it to season the second and first hot dishes;
- a set of spices is a matter of taste, you can season the dish with any spices that are suitable for poultry dishes;
- very often, before baking, the chicken is marinated for 2-3 hours in a mixture of spices and kefir, wine, sour cream, sour-milk yogurt or mayonnaise;
- at will, the bird’s carcass can not be coated with garlic, but just stuff it with its cloves;
- sometimes the chicken is stuffed with citruses or vegetables.