Ingredients for Cooking a Rabbit in a Multicooker
- Rabbit (fresh carcass without skin and viscera) 1 carcass (weight 1 kilogram 500 grams)
- Sour cream 200-250 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Onion 2 pieces (medium)
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Italian herbs (mix: rosemary, thyme, paprika, pink pepper, savory garden, basil, tarragon, oregano, rosemary, garlic, lemongrass) to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Table vinegar 9% as needed
- Main ingredients: Rabbit, Onion, Sour Cream
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A tablespoon, a kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces. Cutting board - 2 pieces, a deep bowl - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, silicone kitchen shovels, crock-pot, plate.
Cooking a rabbit in a slow cooker:
Step 1: soak the rabbit.
We take a fresh rabbit without skin and viscera, rinse it thoroughly and put it in a deep bowl. In a separate clean dish, prepare a slightly acidic solution of purified water and 9% table vinegar per 1 liter of liquid - 1 cup with a capacity of 200 milliliters. Fill the carcass with the resulting mixture, so that its moisture completely covers, and leave it in this form on 2-3 hours at room temperature, periodically turning the rabbit from side to side. This process is not necessary in order to soften the meat tissue, it will help to remove the specific aroma inherent in this type of animal.
Step 2: we cut the rabbit.
After 2-3 hours, the carcass is washed again under trickles of cold running water, dried with paper kitchen towels, put on a cutting board and continue preparation. Using a sharp kitchen knife, we cut the rabbit into portions, for example, two front legs, the same number of hind legs, then several costal parts and four vertebrates. After that, we shift the pieces of the animal into a clean deep bowl, season them with salt, black pepper, mix, so that the spices envelop the meat from all sides, and leave it in this form on 7-10 minutes.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Meanwhile, using a new kitchen knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe. We rinse them, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns putting them on a clean cutting board and grind them. Onion rings, quarters, straws or half rings, and the cloves of garlic just finely chopped. Next, put on the countertop other products that you will need to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Cook the rabbit in the slow cooker.
We insert the plug of the multicooker into a socket, put a teflon bowl in the recess of the kitchen appliance and pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil into it. Then set on the scoreboard Frying mode and time 20 minutes. Lower the bowl of the real rabbit to the bottom and fry the meat on both sides 5 minutes each. After that, add onions to it and cook them together 10 minutes morestirring occasionally with a silicone kitchen spatula.
Then fill it with sour cream, season with garlic, Italian herbs, an additional portion of salt, as well as ground black pepper and close the kitchen appliance with a tight-fitting lid. We return to the scoreboard and install a new "Extinguishing" mode for 1.5 hours, during which all components of the dish will reach full readiness. When the slow cooker announces the end of work, we are in no hurry to open it, let all the steam come out. Then we spread the tidbits of the rabbit in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the rabbit in the multicooker.
The rabbit in the slow cooker is a tasty and simple dish, which is served hot as the second main dish. Tender meat that is almost behind the bones is laid out in portions on plates and served with any not very spicy, as well as low-fat side dish, for example, with mashed potatoes, jacket potatoes, fresh vegetable salad, rice, pasta, buckwheat porridge, pickles and bread . Tasty and no hassle! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, in order to kill the specific aroma of rabbit, the carcass is immediately cut into portioned pieces and marinated in a mixture of aromatic spices and sour cream, mayonnaise, cream, ketchup, sour-milk yogurt or white semi-dry wine, and onions;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any that are used to season dishes from the rabbit, for example, laurel leaf, thyme, dried dill, parsley, anise or others;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - cream;
- at will, pieces of the rabbit can be fried in a pan until golden brown and only after that they can be cooked with onions, sour cream and spices in a slow cooker, immediately setting the kitchen appliance in the "Stew" mode for 1.5 hours;
- sometimes finely chopped carrots and sweet bell peppers are fried with meat and onions;
- 40 minutes before the end of the program, you can add potatoes, chopped with medium cubes, into the multicooker bowl, in this case you do not have to worry about preparing the side dish.